Buy a workshop flashlight

Hello!

I would like to order a good flashlight for my garage from Aliexpress but it’s so many to choose from. I’m thinking about AAA or AA batteries because they are widely available but could also use other batteries.

I would like to have zoom on it and maybe a charge stand? Would appreciate recommendations. Is 30$ enough? Been looking at the Cree flashlights.

That was what I could think of :).

Best regards,
Frost

Update: The stand is not a requirement either is the AAA or AA, 18650 seems popular.

Alternatives:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/YAOMING-wholesale-18650-lanterna-1000-Lumens-focus-5W-CREE-xm-l2-LED-Torch-defense-Lamp-rechargeable/1988755073.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-X-18650-battery-charger-2000-Lumens-5-Mode-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch/1950332744.html

I liked these ones because you could plug in the adapter directly without needing a charger.

I really liked this one because of the charge stand, but a bit over my limit:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc-2014-New-original-Olight-S10R-Baton-Cree-XM-L2-LED-4-mode-Rechargeable-waterproof-LED/2055142268.html

The first 2 look dangerous.

I’d stick with AA lights unless you want to spend double your budget on batteries and a charger alone.

I just replied to a post the other day with a list of AA clicky lights, I’ll look if I can find it again and I’ll post the link if I do.

Yao Ming?

I spent about 10 minutes before searching and another 15 mins or so now and I cant find it.

The Romisen RC-G2 is a good AA light for not very much money.

edit: some RC-G2’s I compared 2 years ago: Review: ShiningBeam Romisen RC-G2 III vs. DX Romisen RC-G2

Ok, thank you :). I will look into it.

Sunwayman R10A
Nitecore EA1 (soft buttons)
ThruNite Archer 1A
Xeno E03
Balder SE-1
EagleTac D25A Clicky
Klarus P1A
Solarforce Z2

I found the thread I was looking for by going to the trash of my email, the search on here is impossible to use.

There is other good recomendations here too: [Found]French noob searching a EDC light

If you would recommend one or two of them, what would that be?

I have a hard time choosing because of the lack of knowledge and the more I read the more problems I get to decide.

Should I choose one with 2xAA or 1xAA? Should I order rechargeable batteries at the same time? I’m using alkaline right now.

Definitely you should use NiMH cells instead of Alkaline if you want high power and no leaks.

I’d say perhaps get the Solarforce Z2 if you will only buy one, its good value for money.

Alkalines will work but eventually you will want to use eneloops.

The best 2 places for you to get eneloops would probable be:

Have a read there

Or

Dont buy eneloope “lite”, also I belive those Fujitsu AA battereis there are relabeled eneloops and are good value.

For now I would buy just 1 and play with it til you get to know how it works and how long it runs and how bright it is etc, then you can make a decision later if you want something that runs longer or is brighter and you can use the first one as a reference.

Generally stay away from most lights,chargers and batteries with “fire” in the name, there is a few exceptions but just to be safe for now.

If you need a charger let me know and I’ll have a look around at one going for a good price.

Most people here are pretty helpful and if you need help understanding anything just ask and someone will try to help you.