Buy or Build ?

Hi
Looking for a Red LED hunting light. I am thinking of buying the Convoy 8+ KR CSLNM1.23 Red Light “aliexpress*“:Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com
My question is could I buy a host and build a better light? I was just wondering if their was a better Led and driver I could use then whats in the pre-build one.
I was also thinking about the smaller Convoy M1 as a possible build. Only need single mode.

I have to cull the rabbit population every year as they are a major pain on my property.

later

The Simon’s red driver is quite efficient buck driver, it’d be hard to find something better. Regarding the host - you can ask Simon to build the same driver and led configuration in M1.

Where do you ask Simon question? Just on the contact us on his store?

thx

One option is to contact him on his store, second send him PM, third write in this thread. :beer:

It would be cheaper to buy it as a complete light unless you already have a driver for a red led. Vf for those is under 3 volts (around 2.7) so a white led driver wouldn’t work well. I’ve found it’s cheaper to do a hoat only if you have existing parts to use. Plus his process are some of the best in terms of quality/price. You may be waiting a while for it though since its Chinese new year.