Buy this ..What lights do you give your recommendation to..?

I never expected it would come to this, but of all the lights I have, my three favorites are all Trustfires

Z1

T2

F23

I suspect that when my F15 gets here, it will get added to my list of favorite lights

~F*%@ Solarforce~

Any one want to buy some barely used L2i's, L2's and an L2m?

Then again, none of my 'favorites' are P60 bodies. I'm more fond of the stuff that is a bit different, even though I own 8 or 9 P60 hosts.

You nailed it as far as I'm concerned. There's nothing I would add.

EDIT: Thats not true. I'd recommend a C9000 to charge those 'loops.

Oh oh, Foy will do the same thing to you for that comment, that he did to his bezels. ;-)

Maratac AAA SS my precious ;-)

HUGSBY P31 / P32 still my weapon of choice on NiMH

UF H2B the poor man's Zebralight

Eastward YJ J09 when you are able to get the 4-mode version

I trust , use ,and gift these :

Romisen RC-G2 *. Neat 1 AA thrower .

iTp A3 EOS . Small EDC

Romisen RC-N3 * . Versatile , either 2AA for runtime or 1 CR123 for an affordable pocket rocket

* Available in various tints ( including warm )

LOL, he knows I still like S/F. Good quality light, but they are just so, uh, normal. No personality.

That's why he is enjoying his U/F 980L so much, it's different.

TF X8/F15

NItecore EX10/Xeno E03 Xml

SF host/UF dropin

Im wanting bigger lights lately.

UniqueFire G10 1-mode (works well with 14500s) impressive output in a small package. It would be interisting to see how the G10 compares to the TrustFire R5-A3.

Good call on a classic battery charger .

I'll give a budget nod to all Tank flashlights ..the entire brand can be nit -picked and aren't perfect ....but bang for buck they are universally a solid light day in and day out . buy any Tank flashlight

I wasn't looking for top 5 favorites or lights people like .. as much as i was talking about universally accepted truths a novice can take to the bank . But listing great lights is appropriate too .

a $3.50 coast mini tac needs to be in everyones collection too. <great cheap lomg runtime light it deserves the ..

boaz seal of approval

The Sky Ray p60 host with xp-g at DX is probably the best overall light I have out of a few dozen (I have most of the ones mentioned above). Its build quality isn't as good as the Solarforce host, and xp-g isn't as bright as the xm-l's, but the combo is just pleasant and usable in a way that makes it the one I go for when I need light.

I have a warm solarforce 1 mode in an odd sand l2 which came with a 3 stage switch (so, high/low), which is almost as good, but I don't think you can really buy that host specifically.

It's kinda weird what happens as I aquire different lights; my "best" is usually an evolving thing. There are lights that have managed to keep the Foy-o-meter in the red zone. (despite newcomers)

Don't think I'll ever be without a black L2P with the 3-mode UF T6. I will (have) moved on but I'll always have at least one of these. Good looking, great quality and lots-o-lumens. (lots-o-heat too, unfortunately)

I don't know what it is about Mr. Silver but this grey XM-L blessed L2 is still doing it for me. Might be because it's so damn good looking but the other weird thing is; whatever drop-in I put in this guy, it will draw more amps than any other P60 I have. "Wow" to look at, "wow" OTF performance - this is a hard flashlight to hate.

This one was a complete surprise. Why this spectacular flashlight host is only $9 is beyond all logic to explain. The Solarforce L2i is a budget host in cost only because by any other measure, this is a world class torch. The lathe/machine work on this light actually puts every L2P I have to shame. It's superb finished quality is that good and talk about versatile; from 3 x AAA to 1 x 18650 and a few in between and, it takes any P60 ya got. One hell of a flashlight bargain.

You say you want a pencil beam that will reach into the next county that's built like a tank and has sloppy low-lumen PWM . . . all for $30? Wher ya gonna find another thrower this well made for so cheap? The Skyline I will give you new respect for the stunning XR-E.

And, my current flash-in-the-pan?

YEAHbaby! 4.70> amps of burn down the neighborhood, solder reflowing, message-board flame-bait madness. The UF-980L is so cool on so many levels. Git yerself one of these opinion polarizing grenade launchers, tell everybody how awesome it is and grab some popcorn kids because you are going to be told that a flashlight absolutely cannot do what this bad boy absolutely can do. The landing lights on an A360 has nothing on this incredible Ultra Fire.

thatswhatfoylikesatthemomentFoy

MCU-C88.... 3 AA's no disco ...No b.s. 360 grams twice as heavy as your basic solarforce with battery ,deep reflector SMO. major throw , mega -moddable $28 for a light that feels like $100 light.

pics stolen from ...>> myfriendFOY

I love compact EDCable 18650 lights. Nowadays with XM-L of course :)

Unless you want to mod one yourself (Ultrafire P10 is my favoutite compact 18650 host), the UniqueFire UF2100 (MF) seems nice. I have it's (more expensive, earlier available) sibling, the Yezl Z1X.

It hasn't been sold for several weeks (only the ugly black model, but I can't buy that one).

My vote goes to:

- L2i like P60 host. Great quality and can use different batteries

- C3 SS. Work great, beautiful and almost indestructible

- Akoray K106 for everyday use

Shingingbeam S-mini

4Sevens Quarks

Anything with BLF-VLD'lled Nanjg 105 or 106 driver

AA Lights:

PowerLight ~ $3

Akoray K-106 3-mode programmable ~ $19

Ultrafire C3 Stainless ~ $13

Ultrafire UF-H2 headlamp ~ $32

AA Batteries:

Eneloop NiMH ~ $4/ea

NiMH Multipurpose Charger:

Search for "intelligent charger" on eBay. Labelled in red with "Power" or "Omnipotent". Independant 4-channel charging for $4!

18650 Flashlight:

Tank007 TK-737 zoom ~ $20

18650 Batteries:

XTAR 18700 "Sanyo Inside", fits in almost everything that takes 18650 ~ 2x $17

18650 Charger:

XTAR WP2 ~ $17

My reccomendation:

Batteries and chargers

Any XTAR Battery you can find, perhaps 2600mAh sanyo based

Mp1 or Wp2 charger, slightly liking more the MP1.

Compact pocket light:

Tmart C3 SS 1xAA

Hunting/weapon light:

Skyray 1JC8 or MRV q5 1 mode both found on MF

Utility pocket/headlamp:

Ultrafire UF-H3D (found at MF and most other vendors) or the AA version counterpart whichever battery form factor you like better.

General use or even cyclist light:

Any L2 body (solarforce's are the best, check Foy reviews, warning he is a living encyclopedia for solarforce products)

+ a good 3 mode H-M-L XM-L dropin. Can be found at MF again.

Mini almost keychain light 1xAAA decently bright and not gonna cry a river if get lost:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/super-bright-7-2-1w-30-lumen-led-flashlight-with-strap-black-1-x-aaa-57748

Diving flashlight:

XTAR D01 hands down.

Zoomable flashlight:

Romisen RC-C8 (18650 or 3xAAA). Best if you get the real Q5 version. It's a twistie if yo udo not like that beware!

Self defense flashlight:

Any 4+D mag.

Ok, if Foy's gonna show off pictures so am I!

Favorite 5 that I would recommend(L-to-R)

TK41, expensive for a budget light. Powered by 8 AA Eneloops or 8 alkalines, this thing throws like Randy Johnson.

Trustfire F15-love the looks and the throw, mine has some soldering issues that I need to fix. Also, note the diameter of the C8 style head compared to the TK41

Trustfire T2; yeah, my favorite by far, I love the side clicky switch. Strickly an 18650 light

Trustfire F23; cute stainless AAA light, mine has a very stiff clicky but great throw for a small light, runs on AAA or 10440

Trustfire Z1; a Cr123 light, great conversation piece. The clip will leave it on your belt or in a shirt pocket in a perfect position to illuminate your work. Will run on rechargeable Cr123''s as well.

Yes, I could be a Trustfire spokesperson. I like the bit more bling they have compared to the plain vanilla lights.

Nice looking F15 ya got there, troop. I got one on the way . . . oh yeah, you already knew that. I must admit to liking a little bling myself.

damnthatfenixissweetFoy

I like the looks of the F15, was disappointed that the soldering of the driver to the side of the pill was broken. Looks like a pretty easy fix, if I owned a soldering iron and knew how to solder...but for now it does still function.

But look at my comments in a separate thread; you will be hard-pressed to see much difference between the hotspot of your Palight C8 and the F15 when you get it. Same body, same sized reflector; better hotspot with the Xp-G. More coverage with the XM-L.