Buying Convoy on Aliexpree Question

Average shipping time from Simon to my place is around 10 days. /w tracking and via DHL, I think. It is the only shop I use for flashlight needs currently.

I only buy from Simon or the LHT flashlight store.
so far all orders came through in a few days only and the quality of the products is as expected.

There is another store in aliexpress (MH-lighting store) that sells convoys flashlights.

• Is this store related to Simon’s convoy lighting store?
  • What is BLF member’s experience dealing with/buying from MH?
  • Do BLF members still get the discount given by Simon from this store?

Appreciate your comments.

chann

I don't know anything about them but it sure looks like a mirror clone of Simon's store doesn't it. They do still show several items that Simon has removed from his, and they don't have some items that have been added on Simon's. If someone here doesn't know I'm sure Simon would answer your questions if you message him. I'd assume they don't give his discount. I'd just want to be sure they are all legit items and not counterfeit clones and that they have them in stock ready to ship.

I have purchased from Simon’s store and it was a positive experience.There was a shipping issue, that had nothing to do with Simon’s store. Because of the shipping within 20 days, I received 2 items from his store. He is very helpful and handles the store very well. I have an order being shipped and I will update when I receive it. I highly recommend the Convoy flashlight store on Aliexpress.

Thanks Correllux for your reply. Not sure how to message Simon. Can you kindly give me his contact? Thanks again

Chann

Thanks Jimo for your quick response, I will definitely be looking to purchase from Simon’s Convoy Flashlight Store at Aliexpress. Not sure how to get the BLF member’s discount though. Shipping to Australia a 10% gst maybe imposed- any comments or experience that you or other members can share?

Thanks

Chann

Message Simon and tell him you are BLF member to get discount after placing items in cart but before paying.

Here's his ali store and you can "contact seller" from there (hover over the store name at the top left and the window that appears has a contact button in lower left). https://convoy.aliexpress.com/store/330416

You could post in the main Convoy thread, too...he's very responsive there. Or click on his profile and send him a private message. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/54654

I'm curious about the answer, too.

Do you know if this is possible to buy a S2+ with 219B like here : Driver: 7135x8 12groups

with a less efficient different driver like a 7135x3 ?

Thanks.

Ayep. If Simon still has 219Bs on hand, all you have to do is shoot him a message.

Thanks. Done.

If he can't or won't for some reason it's pretty easy to either change the driver or to desolder several of those 7135 chips if you'd rather keep the newer firmware.

Another individual had asked that question in this thread, LINK , and Simon responded to leave a comment on the order form.

Thanks Correllux. I will try to leave Simon a message. I am after a Convoy l21b with sft40. Currently on aliexpress 2 stores have stock but none available from Simon’s store. So I am not sure if they are selling the genuine flashlight.
Chann

Thanks Pennzy

Chann

Probably genuine, they just have stock they haven't sold...Simon sold out twice (three times maybe?) and is waiting on more emitters to arrive.

Thanks Correllux.

I read Funtastic said , “Convoy designed this for me as I wanted a gun mountable L21A
The focus needs to be fixed, but I have been working with Simon to get it spot on. It gets better range than the L21A!” (Convoy M21 or L21 with which emitter? - #10 by PiercingTheDarkness)

Perhaps I’ll wait for Simon’s “focus fixed” L21b with the SFT40 when it becomes available. Anyway you have been most helpful. Cheers

Chann

So I’m about to pull the trigger on a purple S2+ with osram led. However the 15% codes on here unfortunately don’t work. Just fyi

The codes have not worked for a while now.