C_K's one year, 1k post give away.(Update engraved hosts received)!

The code for the PIC was in Everett's PIC guide. I'm not sure if it's still open source though...I'd check with Everett first.

The link for the board is in his post…it’s teeny tiny and single sided!!!
It’s not ATtiny, it is the PIC code so if wont compile in AVR Studio, besides we don’t have the hardware to flash the PIC

Here is a 3D render of the board :slight_smile: Teeny teeny tiny

Excuses, excuses. I would hardly expect any of that to slow you for very long. So if the boards are available, how does one acquire the programmed pic? Which thread?
This one?

Hehe you got me…I am still trying to get good at the ATtiny, I would like to get into the PIC stuff but it is even MORE Greek to me than the code for the Amtel :stuck_out_tongue:

Amtel does make a small 6 pin version like the PIC called the ATtiny10

The ATtiny10 and PIC are pin compatible I think. I know VIN and GND definitely are. You just have to check and see if the pin used for PWM is. The only thing the PIC has over the ATtiny10 is that you can do low voltage protection internally with the PIC. The Attiny will require externals components and may not have enough pin space.

Also, in regards to the tiniest 10 - it could be ghetto'd into being direct drive by removing the transistor and soldering a few bridges here and there.

- Matt

I like the idea to find two members who do something for the forum and throw another one in the game: DrJones.

Tido and he started in my opinion the driver programming for dummies. Without their work and firmwares a lot of us don't have clue about these things. DrJones offers a few famous firmwares, which are used or modified from others to get a great firmware. This are the reasons why I suggest DrJones.

If it’s open-source, I’d love to get a copy and include it. Then again, I may have already done so if it’s the code I think it is.

~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/trunk : files for revision 250 (see “tterev3/pic10f322-examples/clicky-switch.c”)

In any case these should be slick little pieces. Dr Jones is a good candidate, he helped steer me in the right direction when I was doing my own high voltage mod. So did Texaspyro and Pilotptk for that matter.

Original posts updated again, first time getting my hands on XP-L’s but I can’t use any of them for my own stuff. :frowning: Guess I either have to buy a few more or wait till the lights get here to play with them.

Huge update!

Hosts got here today, remember I paid $6 /ea for these, these things are amazing compared to my SingFire clone from the GBGB. Brass bezels that don’t block part of the reflector. A hole for lanyard attachment (no clip :frowning: ), the reflectors are large enough for the XLP dome (old lumens was in on it too, he was gonna enlarge them for me but now I don’t think it’s needed).

Center is my clone.

Plus they had XP-E2’s !

I’ve swapped a N.119 in mine, you can see how small the reflector opening is on it.

Output is 31/8 AAA, 177/155 10440, oh yeah they’re 3-mode h/l/strobe(expected single mode) It’s almost a shame to rip them apart for hosts (almost, plus having the XP-E2’s will be cool, I’ll have to find a project for them)

One minor negative is they’re forward clickies but oh well.

So now all I’m waiting on is being able to order the BJT’s / rest of the FET’s I need to build the drivers from digikey and the MCU’s tterev3’s hooking me up with then Just gotta decide on the current level, hopefully I’ll have these ready right about the end of the month for my new website launch.

wow…awesome…simply awesome!

I got my singfire clone and they are incredible…but that notch in the tail for putting on a key ring or a lanyard…wow!

I got some of these for my lawn mower headlight replacements …I might put XP-G’s in them

but I digress, don’t want to take away from this awesome and beautiful project and build!

I guarantee these WILL be a hot item man…great job!

Sorry for the late reply, I hadn’t seen the questions about the source code until just now! You guys guessed correctly, these will be running an adaptation of the example code I posted here

although recently I’ve been thinking about the possibility of making some special additions to it…
either way the final version will be open source and I’ll post it here

I have some code ready for a proposed UI for these lights. It may not be the final version for the giveaway but it’s what I’ll be using on mine. It’s a two mode UI: maximum brightness and user-configurable brightness, and it includes a smooth ramp down if the battery dips below 3.0V. All controlled through power cycle. I’ll do a video demonstrating it soon, but I have source code ready now. What’s the best way to share it on your launchpad site? Should I email it to you?

Email, bzr branch+push to LP, send a git URL, whatever. I should probably just move to github since it’s more widely used and makes this sort of thing easier.

I really like this little S1. I missed out on the GB for it and since it is now only $9 on the site, it is a real tempting buy to mod.

I haven’t a clue who to nominate based on “qualifying” candidates but DrJones is certainly one I would see being on the list.

Any chance we can get Ric to do another group buy or host offer on this light? I have some of my own ideas about a mod for this light.

I highly recommend anyone wanting a mod host stat with the SingFire clone. Much much better host for a mod, easier to open and has a real pill and a reverse clicky (better for a multi-mode UI).

I put up a video of the firmware I created for these lights in this post. It’ll be up to CK if this version goes into the giveaway lights, but this is the way I like mine. It’s all open source and can be tweaked easily, so I hope BLF people can use it in other lights as well

Nice UI and well made video.

The code and a summary of the interface are available here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/trunk/files/head:/tterev3/power_cycle_light/

This is an interesting firmware. It has a user-configurable brightness mode where the level is chosen by ramping the output. Uncommon to see this without an e-switch.

Did you ever settle on the last two?