c size lithium rechargeable

So there a upgrade led online for the maglite 1cell to 6cell flashlights.
If it can handle 6cell D batteries then it can handle 2s C lithium batteris since its only 8.4v max.
Now what battery is a c size battery but lithium and rechargeable?
Should make my 2c maglite run like a 6d but more compact.
Please lmk if this is possible and what you think and what batteries to use.
Same with the AA mini mag.
Where can i get a led that small that can handle 9v and will work right in my mini mag.
Thanks

This is what I’m doing. But I’m going to run a single 14670 and a home made spacer. Run time should be ok and a safer bet than two 14500’s.

I’ve done the mod above and am running 2*14500s with a ramping 8.4v led drop in from DX, but I’m planning to swap those batts into a couple sipiks and go back to NIMHs with a SolarForce low voltage drop in LED for the minimag.

Mod cost is too great for our big 3D mag for me . . I’ll just keep looking for one of the older LED bulbs that fit the stock mag and then probably get some D NIMHs to go with it. Maybe if I find some more older mags for cheap I’ll be willing to try a real mod.

14650?

Run time will depend on capacity and draw, but that longer battery is double capacity for the 14500s, I think.

I did the match mod a few months ago and use the light nightly for trips through the house with very low draw (below the ramping low flash) . . . IIRC, batts still haven’t had their first recharge . . they were bought as a pair and have only been run together . . as long as they both charge back to the same level I think they’re fine.

But my use now seems like a waste of the lion capability, so now I’ll have 2 bright lights delivered for <$12 and the eneloops going into the minimag should run the R5 beam I like just fine.

AW sometimes sells protected 14670’s (Lighthound had some a month or so back, but aren’t currently listing them).

I have not used these myself so I don't know whether they are any good, but 25500 is the size you would need. They might be a little too long, so you might have to trim the spring.

Whats the difference between the 26650 & the 25500?
I searched but can get any straight answers.
Also is there a battery chart for these size batteries.
I found the 18650 and was really helpful.
Best power and mah and actual mah and run time.
Thanks
Also a good place to buy them.

26650 is 26 mm diameter 65 mm length. 25500 is 25 mm diameter 50 mm length.

How about the c size nimh batteries.
I found 10,000+ mah nimh c size batteries.
What about them? i know they dont produce the volts but would have a long run time.

+1. I think those must be D’s.

Maybe.

I love.this forum.
No one criticizes anyone one here and everyone is helpful
Thanks again

So im thinking the terralux bulb for my 2c and its only 15$ shipped.
140+/- lumens.
Any recomendations on batteries?
Nimh rechargable?
Normal duracell/energizer?
Any bit will help
Thanks.

I would personally get a AA to C adapter and then use eneloops in it.

Im new to this.
Could you enlighten me on it?

I'm on my phone so it's hard to do links but Sanyo makes AA to C adapters that let you use a AA in place of a C battery.Amazon sells them.

Ok i looked them up but whats the difference between doing this idea or a set of rechargable c size nimh 5000mah or so?
Wouldnt the c size have a better discharge rate%

The C batteries would have a higher capacity but AFAIK no one makes low self discharge Nimh Cs. However eneloops are LSD. The difference would be you could let the eneloops sit for a year without recharging but the Cswould be dead.

The only thing to watch is Eneloop AA’s (or any NiMH AA) is only 1.2v whereas normal alkaline cells are 1.5v. This might affect whatever drop in you use if it’s direct drive to the LED or has a minimal voltage requirement.

Personally I’d be tempted to stick with normal C cells for now, they’ll last for ages with something like the TerraLUX drop in. For example I put a TTS drop in (same style as the TerraLUX one but 180 or 200 lumens depending on emitter) my 3D last year. I’ve used it a fair bit on and off since then and it’s still on the same cells with no hint of going flat yet.

If you want to do a more ambitious build then I’d look at a li-ion setup.