C8, 2x18650 build question

I’m seriously bummed out!! When I said I had all of the C8’s body parts, I spoke too soon. I had Convoy’s UV C8 on order (to use as a donor/$30) from AliExpress and just found out they’re unable to ship it to me. Why can’t this light be shipped to the U.S.? It’s offered on just about every website that sells Convoy flashlights? I have a regular C8 but really wanted to build a 2 cell variant. The single cell version just feels too short in my hand. I also wanted to stay with an 18mm battery - so the convoy C8 was the obvious choice.

If anyone knows how and where I can locate a 2x18650 C8 style host, I’m all ears.

Thanks again.

It can’t be shipped to the US because of a ridiculous patent that was issued to some chuckle head who uses it to hold his own personal monopoly on UV flashlights with ZWB2 filters.

I haven’t been able to locate any more extension tubes for the C8 for quite a while. There are some similar 2-cell hosts available, like this one.

Well that sucks. I really wish Convoy - or anybody, would at least offer a simple extension tube to fit the newer c8+ threads. The c8 has been a mad, popular platform for the longest time.

I saw the Manta Ray c8-2 and really like it. I already have a 2x26650, L2 host, that’s why I’m interested in a 2x18650 host with a 41mm head.

Banggood used to sell the C8 extension tube, but when I search for the C8 extension tube now, almost all sources indicate “discontinued”.

However, since Convoy still sells the Convoy C8 UV, which uses the regular tube + extension tube, you can probably directly contact Simon from Convoy/AliExpress and ask to sell you the Convoy C8 host + extension tube (you don’t need the UV, which as you mentioned is unable to be shipped to your country).

Thanks d_t_a

How do I get in touch with Simon? When I go to his AliExpress store and click “ask seller”, I get a window that says “safari can’t open this page because the address is invalid “.

I’m kind of bummed out. I just received 2 xhp70.2, c8 o.p. reflectors from AliExpress and they’re almost 2mm shorter than the stock reflector that came with the light. Even with the reflector pushed down directly against the head of the flashlight, it doesn’t reach the centering gasket. Has anyone here had this problem?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32839891222.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail