C8 addicts thread

With what driver khas did you get that 8 amps out of C8?

I third the motion for a charger port except I would want:

1) A charger port cover similar to the FourSevens MMU-X3R or MMR-X or Olight R20 which all have an unbreakable metal collar at the neck of the light and are tightly sealed with an o-ring. This setup would not have a tendency to leak or break any more than a standard tailcap. Also, a 2A charger for quick charge times, not 1A.

2) An extra thick battery tube so some of us can bore it out to accept a 21700 battery. This would mean no clip grooves. Just a long evenly thick tube.

3) A tailcap similar to the Thorfire C8. Or better yet, a really nice triad tailcap like the Olight M23 Javelot for three thumb slots rather than just two.

4) A standard round head rather than the usual C8 head with raised lands. Or something a bit different so it distinguishes itself from all other C8s out there.

Now that I look at this wish list, this would be a totally different and not-so-budget light so we’ll call it the BLF C9, lol.

That looks really nice ricky_p :slight_smile: I’m jealous also :slight_smile:

nah my Convoy C8 is not jealous gave it the same treatment. Biscotti with 470ohm bleeder resistor seems fine :partying_face:

Sofirn C8S Host. That one I got for free from Sofirns seller Cissy. I tell you guys something about this host. It has 20mm led plate and 20.8mm driver plate. I put in it XHP 50.2 led and H1-A driver. It does not matter very much that driver is little loose to plate.
Just centered it well and attach it with retaining ring. And even tailcap switch is great in my opinion.
Whole hosts

quality surprised me. Everything in my diy went perfectly and now I just enjoy light the darkness with this set-up :slight_smile:

There is my quick review of Sofirn C8 host and links to hosts/ C8 Sofirn sells. Thought that C8 addicts may wanna read/ look at it.

I measured from tailcap of Sofirn C8A driver at High 6.3A peak and after draining a little of NCR18650GA battery it stabilized at 6.1A. Quite good from stock driver IMO. It would be nice to hear result from different/ better battery. There seems to be no order than mine so if someone orders that driver I’d be glad to hear how much it gives with other batteries. Sofirn says in add that driver is DD but I’m not quite sure of it…

I’m curious why my Convoy C8 Clear stays so cool compared to review copies. Running it continuously on 100%, the maximum temperature I measure at the head is about 57°C, and it’s easily hand holdable throughout. In Zeroair’s review his C8 hit 65°C at the head and the temperature (and presumably output) didn’t drop of for at least 10 minutes longer. The only difference I can think of is mine is the warm U3-7A while his is the cool white V2-1A, which I believe has a significantly higher flux.

It looks like ambient temp was about 22C based on your chart? Was the C8 tail standing throughout the measurement? I can try to see what I get, although mine is the 3A tint.

Yes, that sounds about right. It was tailstanding throughout the test. I’m surprised because I was expecting it to run hot enough I would have to manually step down at some point, which clearly isn’t the case.

Just FYI, my S2+ with the same driver only gets up to 66C (running on Samsung 30Q), and the S2+ has a much smaller head than the C8, so what you’re seeing on your C8 sounds about normal. I can check mine later.

UPDATE: Mine peaked at 57C as well, after about 30 minutes. My ambient temp was around 22.5C.

Thanks! I guess the C8 just dissipates heat well and isn’t being driven too hard in this configuration. I wish I had some way to measure the output as well. It’s a neat little package and I am growing quite fond of it.

At last: remote switch that fits Convoy C8 threads. Also available from Simon.

First link edited.

That will make all the gun guys happy. Is it momentary on ?

There is 2 buttons: pressure switch and on/ off switch.

So yes, there is momentary on :slight_smile:

That will make it so much easier and cheaper to mount a decent thrower on a rifle. I don’t use pressure switches on mine , I prefer using the tail switch. Hope someone comes up with a forward clicky tail switch for a C8 that doesn’t need to modded to work.

Hello, I recently purchased a Convoy C8 AK47 7135*8 3/5. It seems very well built. I would like to purchase another ready to go C8 or something similar. What would you guys recommend for a flashlight that’s better than what I have for around $20-$30? I plan to use my current convoy C8 AK47 7135*8 on an ar15 and will do the same for the next light.

Sofirn C8 is well build. It’s much brighter than Convoy C8 because of driver it has. It’s inexpensive but great for the money. Don’t know if I answered your question but if you search good inexpensive flashlight, C8 made by Convoy, Thorfire (Sofirn), Astrolux and Sofirn are all way to go IMO.