C8 drop in /screw in module

Well in my previous post asking about a P60 host you all came in again to use for my P60 XML2 drop in., well now to adress my original problem I have 2 each lightmalls C8XMLU3 lights that went out and was originally why I was looking a drop in /screw in module that would fit .Honestly iam not a modder and I would like to start with a simple build to keep my confidence up so I was wondering what kind of screw in high output modules that throw 1st and flood 2nd and I could stand a 1c tint but not much cooler.Thqnks again all and happy 4th of July out there for all fellow countryman and have a great weekend for all other BLF members.

The only built C8 dropins I’ve seen are at KD:

http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S020292

FT has a C8 “pillar”:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002799/1208600-driver-pillar-wemitter-slot-for-flashlight-diy

but I’ve read that works in some C8s, but not all of them.

Link for one from lightmalls.

Instead of this, why not a complete one for less. :beer:

100% pain to find:
www.dx.com/p/122401

c8’s are a lottery, there are bare brass pills available, intloutdoor used to do a completed pill too but whether it’ll fit your c8 is in the lap of the gods.

I have an old q5 c8, that does seem to take the bare pills from lck led, I’ve not tried the fasttech ones in there yet, as suggested, perhaps just go with a completed light or try to fault find your broken lights and go from there but to build up a usable light will cost more than buying a complete one to be honest, its not just the pill, the switch assembly will need sorting out too and possibly all the o rings and an ar lense, once you tot all that up, an xintd c8 doesn’t look all that expensive.

This would .be a begging mod for me a chance to make my own individualized light and something a little better than stock I have 2hosts just collecting dust it would be a slow but significant start for it would hopefully be easy and keep my ego from getting bruised I don’t mind spending 15-25.00 $ if it would boost reliability and performance. Thanks for links to Kaidomain, lightmalls and others iam looking@now does any one have any preferences?

my personal preference would be (assuming it fits the host) lck led/fasttech brass pill, qlite driver and copper mounted xp - g2 from intloutdoor, 17mm switch pcb and reverse clicky from intloutdoor, ar lense from intloutdoor, I’ve not yet built my xp-g2 c8 pill as the driver/emitter are still inbound, once built I can recommend which of the c8 xp-g reflectors I recommend from cnqg, either smooth or hybrid but probably hybrid as I’m hoping it combines a nice beam with some throw.

Good luck with the build.

Iam not going to get that intricate iam not at that skill level yet but what I want is something with throw it seems the more iam trying to stay away from flooders , the more I accidentally end up with orange peel reflectors or shallow , so personally I would like a thrower but Gords please let me know how your hybrid turns out I did want to ask aren’t xpg leds more lowr amperage and considered flooders? Again just asking iam just learning different led tints etc…

for a little more throw you could try an XPE2.

xp-g2’s are a smaller die than an xm-l, smaller die generally equates to higher surface brightness so more throw.

I’m currently loving the xp-g2’s, at 3a you get a usable enough spill brightness with increased throw over an xm-l, I tend to feel xm-l2’s are for flooders and xp-g2’s are for throwers. I do have an alu mounted xp-g2 running at 3a but it is on the wrong side of the diminishing returns curve, on copper they seem to be fine up to 5+a as long as it is a true direct to copper board ie sinkpad, noctigon or the new boards from illumination supply (16mm xm-l size only at this time).

At 5a your talking similar lumens to a hard driven alu mounted xm-l t6 but with much more throw.

I’ve also not yet managed to build an xp-g2 light that gives a bad beam, I either use no location device or an xm-l locator depending on what looks to work best, its all experimental, but seems positive to me.

I learn a lot from you all thanks.