C8 style and price thrower but with side clicky?

I like my XinTD C8 v3 bought from IntlOutdoor several years back. It is my go-to big light when I want to light something up.

But…have decided I’m a side-clicky man and want a new 18650-based light that can throw a lot of light.

Any suggestions unde $20? Forget what I paid for the XinTD C8 but it wasn’t much yet feels like a quality light.

This is an option Sofirn SP33

It has an XHP50 and can use the 18650 and a 26650 if you want to upgrade the battery life for $23.28.

With that reflector and emitter size it isn’t going to have a ton of throw. The old version had an X-ML IIRC and would have been closer to the beam profile of an X-ML C8 with it.

The Sofirn SP31T would be your best bet.

Regulated buck driver, slightly more throw because of the bigger reflector, dual switch, with an e-switch and tailswitch.

Well, it is more expensive (35usd) but it meets your needs. It will outperform most lights, the Emisar D1s

Please read TK’s review here

Thanks guys. I should have mentioned all my 18650 cells are button top and would like to continue to use them

The XinTD used to go for ~30bux, and was kinda the gold standard of C8s at the time. Almost pulled the trigger on one a few times, but my existing C8 Army™ would’ve objected and probably done a D’Onofrio on it.

If you like the XinTD and still want a C8 form-factor for sentimental reasons, go with the Sofirn C8F.

I got both of the oldest version, regular C8 type with triple XP-Gs I think (heat issues if left on turbo for too long) and the newer one with triple XP-Ls that were flawless.

Next newer version came with an 18650 tube and side-clicky, but now the newest one also comes in a 21700 version with lighted side-clicky.

They all kick arse.

Then again, you have the C8As and C8Ts which are single emitter, but hella bright as well if you’re not into triples. Only tail-clickies so far if I’m not mistaken.

The BLF GT mini is actually 35$ with coupon code.

The C8 was my first flashlight I really liked it, but now that I have the BLF GT mini. The GT mini is hands down my favorite small light. I like it over the lumintop ODF30C (which I also really like).
I do not have a Sofirn C8F, but I have almost pulled the trigger on it several times, and will eventually get one.
For Christmas I ordered my nephew a GT Mini.
After this c8 type light purchase, I do recommend the sofirn Q8, it is awesome but a bigger “soda can ” light.

Great light (I got 3), but hardly 20bux. :smiley:

The new(est) C8F comes as a kit with 5AH 21700 cell, all for 30bux or so.

Without the cell, you can use your own 18650 and sleeve (optional) for less. Still has the nice grippy tube.

Yeah.

The Sofirn SP31T would be your best bet as I said before:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sofirn-SP31T-Powerful-LED-Flashlight-18650-Cree-XPL-HI-1000lm-High-Power-Long-Throwing-Tactical-Torch/32855604451.html

Dual switch light, nice build quality, and throws slightly further than the C8.

As a fan of the C8 design, i find the C8F a failed attempt at an update.
Ugly.
Why didn’t they just make it wider, rather than redesigning it with the blocked knurdling and the not matching tail cap?
They ruined the head too with pointless grooves…
Fail.

i agree with you, even the old c8f, i dont like the feel when holding it, it is quite unbalance and smooth, i like the feeling of my convoy c8+ much more

Some of these lights have a side switch like you wanted but it doesn’t turn the light on and off its just changes modes.

Thanks. Definitely want on/off via side clicky. Where can I buy a BLF mini?

At banggood for example, the Lumintop BLF GT mini with coupon code AC18 to lower its price to US$34.65.
Available in cool white or neutral white.

95% off topic but didn’t OldLumens add a side e-switch to a non side switch light a time or two?

Took me a while to find the thread as I bought this flashlight and it is one that will never be for sale.
His work was/is incredible, miss him every day.
Oldlumens R.I.P.

here;

build thread;