can this driver work with MT-G2

i just bought a few of these driver to see how well it handles 4-6amps

I'm confused. How can a driver (linked in 1st post) that outputs 10.8v be used to drive a single xml or mtg2 (without modifying output voltage)?

Are the specs on the linked product wrong and it's actually a buck driver?

idk il try it out if not i can always use those drivers

Thats a boost driver that can drive up to 3 leds from 5v input at 800mA output, so wont be much good at 4-6A :frowning:

I didn’t think it worked with a single battery but I was wrong It does work with a single cell. Now I’m not sure if I used the first one with an MT-G2 or not. I have it in a ZY-T08 running a single XM-L2. I modded the carrier to series without even checking it. I bought it from a different seller though. But the one I have does work with a single cell and I didn’t know that. The specs from the other site that I bought it from were wrong.

I would check it with an MT-G2 but it was really a pain in the back side trying to get it to fit in the T08.

guys you have ignored the main Driver of this topic this one TR-0124 and it is not the one 18sixfifty posted all i need to know is can this driver provide the MT-G2 with volt requirements or it is desgined for low volt 3.5V emiters like sst90 and XML ?

any one ?

The output current is very high. An MT-G2 won’t handle 5A for a long time (maybe a few seconds). The volt requirements are not a problem of this driver.

I don’t know if this will work or not now that I see it only requires 3.6 volts. I have used a few different Trust fire drivers and had no problems with them running MT-G2’s However they were drivers for multiple emitters. My guess is that it will work as long as you have multiple cells. What I’m not sure is if it will work as a boost driver and have enough power to drive a 6volt emitter. If it tries to work as a boost driver it might fry the transistor.

You will probably have to try it to find out. I have the driver you are talking about but it’s running a single XM-L2 and I don’t want to pull it apart because it was a real pain in the back side trying to get it to fit correctly. I don’t know if anyone has tried this driver with an MT-G2.

Here is a thread that has a lot of information on lot of drivers that have been tried with MT-G2’s.

Good luck.

A lot of us here have abused MTG2s beyond all sanity and no one has managed to pop one yet. They will melt the solder and slide off the star before they are electrically damaged - resolder it back to the board and it still works. They are nothing like the other smaller LEDs with vulnerable tiny bond wires to fry.

Been there, done that.. J)

0:)

Copper mounted MT-G2s have zero issues around 10A with decent heatsinking. 5A is "nothing"..

Well gamezawy I think for me, a little confusion here. The driver you linked is the sst-90 driver TR-0124 as worded on fasttechs site. The driver that I tested and is a copy of the 3T6 driver is TR-0124B. I did not realize you had linked a different driver, the driver you linked is a TR-0163B, says so right on the driver. Fasttech I think has renamed the driver you are referring to in error, I don’t believe that’s what it was called when I ordered my TR-0124B. The TR-0163B, I have no info on, so I’m no help to you. Maybe I helped clear things up a little. :wink:

thank you moderator007 for clearing this up any way i have ordered both of them you linked ” TR-0163B”:http://www.fasttech.com/products/1612/10005304/1424817-tr-0124-14-66w-5-mode-led-flashlight-driver-for and TR-0124B so if you have info about this one TR-0124B to Drive MT-G2 that will be nice too

Hi guys!

I make 15*7135 Qlite driver with zener/resistor mod and after a quick measure of current (4,91 A on tail - with cheap amperemeter) this happend. Now emiter take only 1,4A on tail and verry ugly patern on wall.

I use Convoy L2 host with 2x Sanyo UR18650ZT on 4.2 Volts each.

Picture was taken on firefly mode with mobile phone, in real life was litle brighter and flicer sometimes.

What gone wrong? To high voltage or bad thermal managment?

What input voltage will you be using? 2 or 3 li-ion cells or something completely different.

if with the 1st driver then 3 lions if the second one will be 2 lions just like the specs on FT

any suggestions for those drivers to drive MT-G2 TR-0163B and ” TR-0124B”:https://www.fasttech.com/products/1404708 thing is i already ordered them

Both those drivers should work fine. Merely need to resister mod them to the current you desire. These trim potsare a nice way to do that.

Here’s how to install them. DST using 3 18650's (Finished)
Long thread but some very useful information there.

thank you all

well in the time i receive both Drivers and the LED i will try it and feedback