Can this light output 1600 lumens?

Hi,

I was browsing around today, and saw this light:

http://www.tmart.com/UltraFire-CREE-XM-L-T6-1600LM-5-Mode-Focusing-LED-Flashlight-Black_p136427.html

“CREE XM-L T6 1600LM 5 Mode Focusing LED Flashlight Torch Black”

Seems like it’s on sale, “79%” off.

But, I checked, and it looks like the XM-L emitter has a maximum output of 1000 lumens.

So I was wondering, is it possible that this light can output 1600 lumens?

Also, does anyone have this light?

Also, even if it does output less than 1600 lumens, any idea if this would be a thrower?

Thanks,
Jim

In most cases I’ve learnt to divide by 3 to work out real lumen output. They highly exaggerate output for more sales perhaps?

So probably about 500-550 lumens mate

Without sounding rude you basically answer your own question,xm-l1000 lumens max,but chinese lumens r different to everyone elses lumens :bigsmile: I f you are after a thrower the jacobs a60,runs on one 18650 battery and is awesome.Jacob A60 - first impressions

Hi lionheart,

If it’s even actual 500 lumens, how is that for the price? Is it reasonable/good?

Also, any idea it this would be a reasonable thrower?

Thanks,
Jim

I have one of these, my suggestion, buy something else.

Hi,

No offense taken. I understand what I said (and read), but my reason for the question was that I thought I saw a thread where there was mention that sometimes, the LEDs/emitters can be over-driven (assuming thermal management was ok), but I was curious if it was reasonable to be like 60% over the CREE specs.

Jim

Hi gords,

What was it about that light that was bad? Was it the claim about the 1600 lumens, or something else (fit/finish, etc.)?

Thanks,
Jim

The jacobs a60 imo is probably the best single cell 18650 stock thrower for the price.But most of the members bought these on a promotion if i remember rightly.
http://www.aurabuy.com/jacob-a60-cree-q5-3-mode-310lm-white-led-flashlight-torch-w-strap-black-1-18650.html

Hi,

The one that I was asking about is a 2x18650, I think…

Jim

[quote=ohaya]

Hi,

The one that I was asking about is a 2x18650, I think…

Jim[/quo
Yeah the one you linked too is a 2x 18650 sozz…

[quote=jakey]

Hi jakey,

The reason I replied was that you said that the Jacobs a60 is “the best single cell 18650”, whereas the one that I linked uses 2 18650s. That was all…

Jim

Without really knowing a budget and what you want to use the light for,by your q i assumed you were after a smallish thrower at that price range.Which if it is ,the jacobs at the moment cant b beaten. 8)

Hi,

Ok, thanks. I’ll take a look at it then :)… What kind of “deal” did they get earlier…. just so I feel bad if I end up buying it now :)?

Jim

I think that was the price i paid but dont know if blf coupon code still works…37b12off coupon code.

based on my experience if its driven at 3 amps you will probably get around 850 lumens from the emitter, and maybe 700 lumens actually exiting the light.

My Keygos M10 claims to have 1600 lumens, it draws 1.61A, so the emitter is likely putting out 550 lumens, so maybe 450 actually leave the light

Hi,

It looks like it was (is?) 12% off of $14+ according to this:

Darn!! Gotta stop coming here, because everytime I do, I get tempted, and our kitchen counter is starting to get covered with lights, batteries, battery chargers, and my wife is starting to really get ticked off at me :(!!

Jim

Yep so is mine :slight_smile:

Bort,

Thanks for that info!

Jim

no problem, also according to Match’s tests a T6 cannot put out more then 997 lumens, and if you dump more power then that into it the lumens actually start falling (probably because the emitter is overheating)

Hi ohiya, things I did not like :-

Its flood to throw
Its under driven
Purple tint to led
Next mode memory
Strobe and sos
Its flood to throw

Things I like :-

Not using it.

Its just not a great light at all, it did serve to prove to me that I just dont like flood to throw lights, and if I was going to get a 2 x 18650, I would be more inclined to look at a trustfire t1, stl-v2/v6(depending on if its fandyfire or skyray) or something along those lines. Maybe this
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1222

These days, I would build something like
this host

this driver

and possibility this emitter

As an example. I have just built up my trustfire t1, using the above driver and an xm-l t6 3c its made a very nice usable light.