Can you guys help me find the best searchlight for my use?

Hi,

I have been looking around for a

1. top searchlight,
  2. maybe a good pocked FL and
  3. a top headlamp.
    And the marked and the information is a jungle, so I turn to the experts!

Will try to list up everything I have seen you guys ask about when somebody ask for an recommendation.

I intend to use them when I am out searching for lost dogs in the woods at night. Yes, that’s my hobby. I have used a Led Lenser H7 and have a crappy FL as a secondary.

Price: Not much of an issue. Most bang for the buck. If a FL is 1% better and costs 50$ more I will go for the cheapest.
Order and Shipping time: Not an issue.
Water resistance: Not gonna use it for diving. But it must handle heavy rain and snow.
Size and weight: Brightness is more important than size and weight. But I’m hiking with it so not a heavy light rig.

And if you can recommend a dealer? I am familiar with, DX, DHgate, Ebay and Alibaba.

Welcome to BLF

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_241907.html

I would go with this NITECORE 1000 lumens single 18650 for start check the link and use CODE HC30LED for 20$ discount
that is the best price you will find.

Cheers
Nikola

How about a Fenix HL30 with lithium batteries, a Fenix LD12 with lithium in your pocket, in case the sub zero temps get you stuck in the dark in the woods, and the FD40 Fenix for your lightweight but adequate search light, unless you want something bigger, like a TK75?

If you are in the woods and on snow, then it seems like there is no reason to go with more than you can use, and with something that is floody enough to make it ineffective or blinding, under your search conditions.

At first glance....

Search light.......Possibly UltraFire 1504 or 1405 or CPFi Zax Z1 available from the upcoming group buy

Pocket light......Astrolux S1 or Convoy S2

Headlamp....Nitecore HC50 because it is a proven tank. Heavier than HC30 or similar but very good in heavy rain and such. Maybe Koyote will chime in.

Edit to add: For headlamps...there is a groupbuy on Skilhunts. I just do not know how they would perform in those bad conditions....assuming the worst. Mine hold up fine.

Just my thoughts at a quick glance :)

I have ordered the Nitecore HC30. Will use my H7 as an secondary flood light.

I have a list of searchlights now.

Nitecore TM36
Nitecore TM16GT
Trustfire Ak-91
UltraFire 1504
Fenix TK75
Ultrafire (??): http://www.dx.com/p/ultrafire-8000lm-15-led-5-mode-super-bright-led-flashlight-torch-black-2-4-x-18650-26650-355456#.VpQehkorL4Y

Have a forgotten anyone? And is the TM16GT and TM36 worth the 100$ more than the other lights?

bugsy36: Do you have a link to CPFi Zax Z1? Not sure i found the right FL.

Here ya go...

The reason I suggested that one specifically is because of zoom ability you change you beam profile as you need ti in varying condition..otherwise I would say go with a Convoy L2.

As for your question about "the money". Those opinions will vary but truthfully I would have to say "no" BUT they are good lights. For that amount you can buy spare lights and batteries.

Check this thread above, send PM to Martine(M4D M4X)for code and you will be shocked with price for Nitecore TM16GT
That is my sugestion :wink:
Truying to save you some money :cowboy_hat_face:

+1 TM16GT

TM16GT all the way, can’t wait for mine

Post 9 is more *Olight spam.

Sounds delicious :stuck_out_tongue:

Went for a Nitecore TM16GT after an recommendation from NikolaS and a message to Martine(M4D M4X) :slight_smile:

The Nitecore HC30 as my primary headlight.

And Astrolux S1 as my pocket light.

Thanks for the help everybody! :slight_smile:

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Those are all great lights! I’m very excited to receive my TM16gt soon.

I think that you’ll find that “less is more” in a lot of outdoor activities. On night walks with my dog, I spend 75% of the time in moonlight mode and only 1% or 2% in turbo (mostly just for kicks :evil: ).

Towards that end (sublime, living with nature), the lower modes of the S1 will do you good. I hope you got it in the mellow 3C or the warm 5A tint. If not, don’t fret, the 1A is a clean white - not blue or purple. It’s just that the 3C and 5A are (IMO) better suited for hiking. 0:)