CANCELLED -- Group Buy for Trustfire TR-S700

I ordered mine direct from trustfire with batteries and XML2 T6 4C 4000k emitters for ~$170 shipped.

It might sound like a lot, but I really dont like cool white tint and changing the emitters myself would be quite costly since there are 7 of them.

Its also shipped fed ex ($60 of the cost) so it will be at my door in about a week or two max.

I must have hit the lottery or the size of the box caused a hit. Per the last USPS tracking email I received the light package is “Inbound into Customs” in LA. The first time I have seen that particular post office notification. Wonder how much delay from that?

I won’t be getting mine until sometime after October 6th. Trustfire had to order the XML-2 NW LED’s I wanted. It’s also some type of holiday that first week of October for them too.

Mine will eventually be shipped FedEx, but considering mine will be shipped with the batteries, I hope it won’t cause any customs issues after having to wait weeks just to have the light built.

Looks nice. I like the 3*26650 aspect, but 3500 lumens is kinda weak. I think something like MM15 is a better value in spite of being more expensive.

My light cleared Customs in LA Sunday afternoon so I will hopefully have it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Picked it up this morning. Large economy size as expected. I think it is named Godzilla! Interesting user interface as the switch is actually a switch and potentiometer combined. With the switch all the way to the rear the light is off. slide it forward all the way and the light is at maximum with all brightness levels controlled by switch positions in about a 11mm travel range. So no electronic controlled ramping is involved. Nothing I read about the light up to now made this clear to me so I was expecting an electronic controlled ramping. I prefer what this is but it is quite sensitive due to the relatively small switch movement range. The handle is large enough for even large economy size hands and the reflectors are deeper than I expected for a 7 LED arrangement.

The huge base makes for great tail standing. Now I need to find a good diffuser for it to turn it into a outstanding area light. A protruding type diffuser so it puts light out to the sides as well as out the front. Front outside bezel diameter is 90mm. The base is an octagon with about 74mm across the flats. Inside bezel diameter is 74.5mm so the bezel is very thick.

The light weighs 3 pounds 6.6 ounces with batteries installed. A behemoth but easy to carry due to the handle however there is no provision for a safety lanyard. Overall a neat piece of kit IMO.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m hoping I like that Forward magnetic control switch, but at least we don’t have to deal with SOS or strobes with this light.

It’ll also be good if you need to equalize other 26650 cells when tossed into the battery compartment for a short while too. I really think there’s a lot to like about this light. I can’t wait to get mine so I can open it up and actually see how the heat sinking works.

Thanks for the update. Can you see about getting a picture of that driver too? Maybe Richard would do that for you. I'm getting antsy now that I'm not in a position to get one. This week is that chinese holiday, and I'm not getting news back about my latest change request until after their holiday, then I have one more week until I move to Utah, and almost a week to kill until I can move into the new house, so it means at least three weeks before I can get mine.

A few more observations. A set of 18650 adapter spacers are NOT included with the light so if you want them you need to buy them separately. They will increase versatility as far as power choices are concerned.

The battery + contact ring is relatively thick. I made it to be about .6mm. There are four contact surfaces on the battery side of the driver and all but the battery + contact ring are just normal thickness PCB cladding it looks like. The center dot and first ring out from it are the contacts for the switch and potentiometer it looks like. The light does lock out even though the threads are not anodized. As received the threads were dry and chattered.

The light does work with the RMM offered 26700 5000 mAh high current unprotected flat top batteries as well as the set of EVVA 5200 mAh protected 26650 button top batteries I also got from the same source.

Great to know my KeepPower 5200mAh protected cells can work in this light. Is there any way to get a tail amp measurement on this light? I’m curious to know if HIGH is really 10a Thanks.

Afraid that I am not set up to get accurate high current measurements. Sorry.

I like this one because 7x low driven led are way more efficient than 4x heavy driven, so i guess that helps with heat management.

I own the MM15 mentioned in earlier comments and it is a flood beast with almost no throw (my p60 does better). Would I buy it again if I sold mine? No… it is just not practical with a bad UI, but I believe much much smaller than the s700.

Now I regret spending $100 on my Blackshadow T70 v2 which I endessly hate, WORST UI EVER + switch led permanently ON unless light is locked out.

To think that just a couple months ago I only bought expensive brand lights and thought worst things about these “chinese lights”. But back then I was pre-BLF, I’m a changed man now. :bigsmile:

When the light is dimmed, is there any visible pulse width modulation?

Hi Will,

Some are bad, but they do have good ones like this Trustfire S700 and Trustfire TR-J20. I have both lights on the way to me at this time. And both of these lights are able to maintain very high output due to having excellent heat sinking and dissipation.

PWM is visible at lower settings than maximum unfortunately.

After I get mine and open it up, I’ll check with BLF member, RMM, and see if one of his FET drivers are compatible with the S700.

Trustfire sent my S700 last night with the upgraded XM-L2 NW LED’s installed. They didn’t have them on hand, and the reason it took a little longer to build. I’ll post when it arrives, which should be soon.

I’m excited! Can’t wait to see some pic.

Maxtoch X2, Trustfire TR-J20 and this light were on my wishlist. I bought the J20 a few days ago and the X2 last night. So this light next for sure

Hey folks,

Received my Trustfire S700 today, and it was worth the extra several weeks it took to be built with the NW XM-L2 LED’s.

I was very relieved to see it was shipped in a decent box within an outer thicker box, so even the aluminum case arrived without a single scratch, nick, or dent. All the LED’s were perfectly aligned within the reflectors, and not a single fingerprint on the reflector or glass lens.

The light works perfectly with any of the 26650 cells I have including the longer KeepPower Protected 5200mAh cells. The forward magnetic switch makes using the light a one-handed breeze and brightness adjustment was great allowing a true firefly setting. From member JohnnyMac’s review, the XML T6 version may have been 3,600-3,800 lumens OTF, I’m not really sure what the NW XM-L2’s would be, but it’s easily at least that much.

Below are just a few quick photos and an outdoor beam comparision to the Trustfire J20.

This photo below is the lowest setting on the slide switch for a true firefly setting.

Below is the J20 on the left, and S700 on right.

Below photo is the Trustfire J20 with cool white XM-L T6 LED’s. Distance about 90 feet.

Below photo is the Trustfire S700 w/XM-L2 5000k-5500k LED’s

Below photo shows driver cavity. The integral plate is 1/4” thick the LED’s sit on! Amazing!

Below photo shows driver removed. Two phillips screws removed and driver pops out.

Below photo closeup of driver components

Damn the tint on the 700 is a lot nicer. Seem like it throws quite a bit more too while having about the same amount of flood.
Thanks for the pics mate