Caution buying from Hong Kong

Hi All,

New to this forum. Used it to select and order a flashlight from a Hong Kong supplier. Order was placed on 9/24/2013 and not yet received. Contacted supplier and received response that shipment are being delayed or returned to vendor at the Hong Kong airport. Thought buyers should be informed. LiPo batteries are explicitly on the list of shipments that “may” be returned to the supplier.

I have not named the supplier because I currently believe they are acting in good faith. Likely really difficult for them.

Here is their response:

“HI, we found many order since early Sep was delay, and some are hold or may be return back to us later. As Hong Kong airport now have strict checking on all air packages, especially those with lipo battery.

Detail you may refer below link from ebay:

http://announcements.ebay.com/2013/09/changes-to-hong-kong-mail-regulations-may-cause-delayed-shipments/”

We do not have any news for your package now, but if it was really return back to us, we will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patient and understanding.”

Hi brightspot and welcome to the forum.

This issue has been widely discussed recently. If you want some more info see:

HERE

&

HERE

Well great way to introduce myself. Sorry to cover old ground.

Not a problem, and welcome :)!

EDIT: BTW, if you paid via Paypal, keep track of the days - you only have 45 days from order date to file a Paypal dispute/claim.

Not to worry and welcome to BLF.

Welcome to the forum, BrightSpot. Your thread tells me that you are not in “brighter” mood.
:cowboy_hat_face:

Welcome. :bigsmile:

As ohaya mentioned If you used paypal then be sure to open a dispute within your 45 day window. Don’t trust the seller to refund you. Some sellers seem overwhelmed.