Charger for 6+ simultaneous 18650s

It still probly undercharg & gives a false voltage reading, & gives cayotic IR measurements if it’s even capable of IR readings ,but it doesn’t have to work very hard to spank the all 88, if you’re looking for decent but cheap then opus is favourite , & the skyrc if you are willing to pay for accuracy & consistency.

^this… cant go wrong for the price, each slot has a button…
I moved from two of these folomov to two Miboxer C4-12…only so I can go 4 x 3 amp on occasion. I scored the C4-12 cheap…

but shopping at current prices, 2 folomov are the better value

edit : pro tip………. $50+ orders ship free

@Nev: I see. Thanks for the input!

@justanotherguy: it seems popular to use 2 4-bay charger. What’s the advantage of the Folomov over the XTAR VC4, or XTAR DRAGON VP4 PLUS?

How about this:

I’m unsure….I only liked that the folomov and c4-12 charge fast

A lot of features people go on about like internal resistance I have no need for

@tatasal: Thanks! I’ll look into it.

@justanotherguy: I see. I guess I’ll have to read some more on the basics of chargers. Thanks for the input!

About the Xtar VC4, since I also bought this charger as my first lithium-ion battery charger and have a bit of experience (I rarely use it now though)…

Xtar VC4 is powered by USB (and uses a special DC-to-USB cable which is included), and appears to be sensitive to the USB power source. A slightly lower USB voltage will result in slow charging times for the VC4. You will need to find a good USB power adapter (preferably the USB voltage is slightly higher than 5.0v; 5.1-5.2v would probably work better to maintain good charging current when used with the VC4)

Not sure if you would use the VC4 to charge NiMh, but the pre-charging phase for NiMh charging on the Xtar VC4 is quite long (around 10 minutes pre-charging at very low current before the real charging starts). It has fewer displayed info than some of the newer chargers (again, some people are perfectly fine with a “green means full, red is still charging” indicator), although personally I like a charger with more info so I can have an idea of the battery’s condition (eg. capacity, IR, charging current).

Note there is a new Xtar VC4S, still need to read more reviews about this new model though.

The Xtar Dragon VP4 Plus is a more advanced charger with some special features, although max current doesn’t appear to be as fast as some newer chargers (again, if not planning to charge higher capacity batteries at faster current, the older slower chargers (1 Amp charging) should still be good).

My main usage would be charging Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA cells. I’d love to see the charging voltage to make sure the cells are charged up to 4.2V. If the Folomov does this, it’d be great.

Thanks for your input!

I think that’s fine… But I’m not a charger snob…I just want then charged fast.

I have settled on 3500mah GA cells, 30q and the VTC6.

I Use XTAR VC4. Xtar VC2.
with a Liitokala Lii-202 to cover my Li-Po4’s.
Covrs up to 8 of most sizes with availability of the Li-Po’s
and 20000/21000? too.
So far. So Good.

@justanotherguy: that works as well, especially during travel

@Macka17: Thanks for the input! The XTAR VC4 is on my list. I’ll look into them now.

Xtar VC4 charging rate is only 2x 1A (when only the 2 outer slots are used) and 4x 0.5A (when 3 or 4 slots, it will only be 0.5A charge rate).

Xtar VC4S charging rate is 4x 1A or 2x 2A or 1x 3A but only when connected to a QC3 (QC2.0 9v) port.

@d_t_a: Is there a 4-bay charger that can charge 4 bays at 3A each simultaneously? I’m just new to this, so I have to ask.

Yes, the Miboxer C4-12 and the SkyRC MC3000.

Great! Thanks!