Charger for Standard Alkaline Batteries

I won’t ever “need” it because I have over 40 Eneloops in both AAA and AA flavors.

but whatever. This is $10’s worth of see-sawing on what-ifs, I absolutely know what the future holds under every circumstance, and other sundry I don’t need it because I haves.

Then yes, you’re prolly better off because you don’t have it. Everybody thinks differently about different things. 8)

“That sounds supper dangerous to me!”

You said a mouthful. I’ve had meals where lemme say unequivocally that supper was indeed dangerous. :open_mouth:

For $10 I can buy a crate of alkalines

you’re really good at missing the point. :smiley:

The point is…emergency….you don’t have any common cheap as dirt alkalines handy, but you have a charger with a cord and a wall outlet?

the AC charger it comes with outputs 7v DC @250mA.

Also let’s say that doesn’t fly, I have inverters that in a pinch I can plug into an SLA 12v battery, output 120v AC, and then plug the unit’s little charger brick into the inverter.

:cowboy_hat_face:

I guess you’re all set for the apocalypse then, good luck.

lol :smiley:

Got a alkaline/ NiMH/NiCAD charger from radio shak a couple years ago. It’s a piece of . Charge current is in the range of 60mA (which is supposed to be low) and the max voltage after removal is only around 1.5V as opposed to a fresh alkaline with OCV of 1.6V or greater. The recharged cells ALWAYS leak weather they are used or not. I would have thought that if they are recharged, ie similar capacity to a slightly used cell, the likelyhood of leakage would have been reduced… sigh

Others however think…….they are. I don’t claim the latter regardless of what any yokel sez. Some though do understand the differences. What does this have to do with me because I bought an alky charger and you think it’s stupid? I have no idea. Don’t take it personal but I honestly don’t care what you think. You do your thing. I’ll do mine. Otherwise, we’re done.

It’s a deal. Lets shake on it.