cheap 1xAA (throwy) lights for kids

But then, the nitecore's and the keeppowers have overdischarge protection, I guess that is reliable enough..

I only have / buy protected cells so that should not be a worry

This thread suxs. It just made me order another 3 mode sk68 clone (unikfire i think) from FT.

color me guilty :)

DX seem to have a better deal for 120lm Q5.

This? It's $6.23.. BG has both black or silver only $4.59 (with coupon blf)

$5.2 after BLF coupon at FT. It will be my car light after I play with it or use it as strobe at back of my bicycle.

I have just ordered two of those, will take more later if the boys like it

thank you all for helping me spend my money :)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/290983550579?nav=VI&sbk=1

I usually order mine from tomtop on ebay. Same lights you get from chinese vendors bit US shipping. Banggood can take months to get something delivered

Sorry. Just noticed you arent in the US

I read somewhere here that the Sipik-SK68 and pretty much all the clones are like the "bic lighters" of the flashlight world

I have bought maybe a dozen of these (ranging from $3.60 to $4.15 a piece)

I personally like these little lights...not the brightest, not the best quality...but this is the "budget" light forums so cheap is the winner

My Sipik-68, I get approx 1.5 hours of run time out of a NiMH battery, maybe 30-40 out of a Li Ion 14500 and they get warm (the light is noticeably brighter in Li Ion (driver runs 500ma in 1.5vdc mode, 800ma in 4.2vdc mode)

Truthfully someone who isn't into flashlights will be impressed by the amount of light this little pocket flashlight throws, and these make EXCELLENT gifts, those who know flashlights will yawn and tell you how much they suck...

thanks for the info

I do have a friend in the US who picks up and relays my gear I buy there but whatever is available on the Chinese sites I just buy them directly from Asia, plus FT has really been lightning fast with the orders (5 so far, 2 pending)

you can never impress a child twice with the same thing, they always want something larger, brighters, more throwy... come to think of it, so do we but they'll like these - bought the 3-mode for the strobe I'm sure they'll like that too

True...but still you can't help but say "Oh that's where that thing went" when you are looking for your keys or whatever and happen across one of the "bic lighter" you lost but really didn't miss...because you had a box of em for spares

I mean they sell the $3-4 9-LED lights everywhere...they don't do what the Sipik can do and the Sipik even though a not top of the line customizable rig does what you need it to, and it can zoom down to throw a beam 50-100 yards out (at least enough light to identify if it's a Sasquatch or your drunk ass uncle Larry whizzing on a bush...heh)

I bought a few of those small wrist lanyards, but I think I could build better ones with a bunch of 550 cord

I only want those with Sipik name on it. Aff-links removed*