Cheap 3T6 Skyray King Clone* from Aliexpress (with photos)

Just received my 3x XM-L T6 unit from Aliexpress Store

LED properly centered

Thanks for the tip off by one of the BLF user. I was able to purchase this @USD20.54 and several other items at very low prices!

The only con will be leftover burrs on the inner battery wall compartment but it can be easily removed. < Only 1 of the unit is affected.

Order: Dec 02 - Delivered: Dec 18

I see the price for $30.05 :~

There was a short window of discount period @USD25, minus USD5 Aliexpress free coupon.

Sweet, is this from the black friday deal? I ordered one but have yet to recieve mine. Good to know that its a decent light and not some crappy knockoff like most of us expected. Looking forward to it showing up :smiley:

I got mine, 4xXML T6. It’s very bright, brighter than my “original” SRK with the three toroids driver!!

-Jamie M.

#freemereview

ON THE ROAD M3 CREE XM-L2 U2-1A/5C 16340

Sample was provided by GearBest.com for review purpose.

Overview:

Brand: On The Road

Model: M3

Price: $24.76 (1A) / $26.01(5C)

Emitter: CREE XM-L2 Cool White/ Warm White

Brightness: 920LM (manufacturer rated)

Mode: 8 Modes

Peak beam intensity: 4,200cd

Lens: Toughened Ultra-clear Glass Convex Lens with Anti-reflective Coating

Mode Arrangement: Ultra low, Low, Mid, High, Turbo / Strobe, Location Beacon, SOS

Mode Memory: Yes

Battery: 1x 16340/ CR123A

Net Weight: 39g

Size: 23mm (head), 23mm (tube) and length 70mm/ 0.91 x 0.91 x 2.76 inches

Waterproof Standard: IPX-8 Standard Waterproof

First Impression:

OTR (On The Road) M3 sample arrived safely! Well protected by OTR's thick craft box and bubble padded white envelope.

I really like their inner box layout. Accessories are cleverly hidden away by divider, so that your main focus will be on the flashlight once you open up the cover. Divider also acts like a reinforcement and it will reduce the chance of being crush during shipping. Black neoprene carrying bag is fairly useful, if you afraid to get them scratch when you leave it inside your bag. It is also much more comfortable to leave them inside your jeans pocket since the cushion is soft and thick.

Complete package comes with OTR M3 flashlight, pouch, charger, US power cable, lanyard, 2x O-rings, 2x spare button,and instruction manual. OTR 16340 battery was suppose to be included, but it was shipped separately from this package to avoid delay.

This is probably what you would receive if you participate with our upcoming group buy.

OTR M3 only support 16340, RCR123A and CR123. 18350 will not fit the body tube.

Close up look:

OTR M3 shell design looks strikingly similar to Olight Baton S10 (2013) at first glance. Undeniably, most people including me would regard M3 as a Clone flashlight. However, I am only going to focus solely on the performance and functionality of this flashlight in the review.

Body ratio with respect to the head and tail is very good and it is one of my favorite as well. That is probably why Olight has kept this classic flashlight design for quite a few years now. OTR has included some radiating fins, coupled with integrated pill design to improve on heat dissipation.

You will have a M3 badge on one side and On The Road logo on the other. Flashlight serial number and a big CE at the bottom of the tailcap.

You get a genuine CREE XM-L2 5C with a shallow orange peel reflector at the business end.

OTR M3 supports both protected 16340 and CR123. There is no spring at the driver end. Unprotected cell will require to raise it anode end (e.g use of magnet) to make contact.

M3 uses a white button instead of conventional black, for its ON/OFF and mode selection. White button allows light from the red LED underneath to penetrate through. Button also bares OTR lettering on it.

Flashlight does come with a 20mm anti-reflect coated lens.

Stainless stell bezel has 6 notches to allow swift dismantle and servicing. Unlike odd number notches, you will not require special tool to take down the bezel.

2-way deep pocket clip. Not super high grade on close inspection, but sturdy enough for most of us I think.

M3 has much thicker gold plated spring than Olight. Neodymium can be removed from the tailcap if not required.

Anodized threads

M3 color is close to new Niteye. To me, M3 is more of a dark bronze than titanium grey color.

Weight:

About 60g with battery and 42g without battery.

User Interface:

I have included a few more combinations that are not mentioned in the original UI diagram.

Interesting Features:

Since M3 has very closed dimensions as Olight Baton series, Olight S-series accessories (e.g traffic cone and diffuser cap) will also be compatible with OTR M3.

One of my favorite function for OTR M3 is the location beacon. It has the most usable flash frequency in my whole flashlight collection. The next closet thing I could think of would be Nitecore. Not sure why beacon mode is being left out by Olight.

Since M3's tailcap is magnetic.You could stick it to the body of a car for example, to alert on-coming traffic during road breakdown scenario. Or clip it to your belt to increase your visibility while commuting on the road with bicycle at night.

M3 low voltage indicator flashes to alert you to replace or recharge your battery when voltage is low. Indicator starts to blink at about 3.4V from our test.

Performance: Tailcap Amperage Readings

1) Tailcap measurement:

Ultra low: 10mA
Low: 276mA
Medium: 600mA
High: 1.285A
Turbo: 2.28A

920lm did not happen as expected.

Parasitic drain: 7μmA

Performance: Runtime

Battery is measured at 4.17V before test. Output value is recorded after 30sec from start. Low voltage indicator kick in around 18min mark for Turbo mode. Flashlight shutdown at 33min mark with output around 11%. Battery was measured at 3.48V and 3.41V, for Turbo and High mode respectively after shutdown. I suspect flashlight could have shutdown based on the ON time (to be confirm).

Since M3 specification mentioned about "Intelligent Temperature Regulated System" built-in. I have conducted a second test in 1min resolution for Turbo mode with fan OFF initially. Due to its size, you could see that M3 warmed up rapidly to over 60°C/ 140°F within 1.5min. Output dropped to 58% due to voltage sag and heat saturation. Output more or less maintained for the next 10mins, till fan was reactivated again. I did observe that there was a slight increased lumen output and heat for about 2min, before it started to run out of juice again.

Performance: Charger & Battery

Note: to be perform tests after I receive my battery.

Beam Profile: Tint

Although colors do not really pop out like Nichia high CRI emitters, test result has shown that the colors look neutral and accurate even in cool white.

Nitecore CW vs NITEYE MS-R28 (right)

Beam Profile: Brightness Level

OTR M3 project from 2.7m away.

PWM (Pulse Wave Modulation)

PWM is present, you see some minor fluctuation in the light source but not really visible in real world.

M3 Disassembled:

- Coming soon.

Size Comparison:

Side by side comparison with Olight S1 (left), OTR M3 (center) and Olight S15 (right).

Side by side comparison with Olight S1 (extreme left), OTR M3 (2nd from the left), Olight S15 (second from the right) and MANKER U11 (extreme right).

What I Like About On The Road M3:

• JetBeam/NITEYE signature dark grey color and high quality finishing
  • Coming soon

What Needs to Be Improved:

• Mode button can be insensitive at times. Need to pinch with the tip of your finger if flat thumb does not work.
  • Coming soon

Conclusion:

Coming soon

Our Rating

Power: ★★★★✩

Easy of Mod: ★★★✩✩

Price: ★★★★★

Overall value: ★★★★★

OTR M3 Group Buy is on-going here >> https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/39824.
Leave a reply if you are interested in getting one.

Got mine this morning. Brighter than my tr-3t6, probably not 2000 lumen, but not too shabby either. Seems to have pretty terrible heat sinking. After fighting with clamps and blocks of wood I finally managed to pop off the bezel and I don’t like what I found underneath. All three leds are on the same aluminum mcpcb that just sits on a small ring of the head. No shelf or thermal path except a small ring of the head. I guess its a good thing it doesn’t have the more powerful three torroid driver after all.

Yup, both the bezel and tail cap is glued quite tightly. I did not open up as I do not want to damage it. Fortunately, I was able to sell away without problem, and earned some quick bucks on it. Will transfer the fund for 4xcree xm-l2 version.