Cheap U2 XML single cell 26650 lights

Hey, where was this light till now!

:beer:

I agree. The cheapest 26650 U2 XML light with included 18650 spacer that ive seen. I realy like the look of the pill set up and the price. It made me forget all about the shadow !

Hard to believe at this price point they even include the stator cover for the LED, which also has the raised groove to self align the reflector. I wish my HD-2010 had that. I'll have to put this one on my list. Nice find.

Crap, another must have light to order!

Only down side is 5 mode including the annoying blinky modes. I prefer hi-low only.

Here is another budget 26650 zoomy light from Manfont.

EDIT: Just realized benckie reviewed the light here. Another review by yavi here.

Video review here (in Spanish)

My reveiw of that zoomy light is here

Thanks benckie. We must have posted at nearly the same time !

Nice review benckie, and looks to be a great light for the money..

Question, is the Keygos M10 an XML light too? If so, how does it compare with this light? It is cheap, and it is a single 26650/18650 light too. They are going for $21.39 with free shipping on Ebay.

Good question, i don't have either yet, but i will order one of these UF-2200 as soon as i can and do a mini review.

The UF-2200 & Keygos M10 both have the same size bezel diameter and are about the same length, both have lanyards and both should tail stand no problem.

But the UF-2200 has a newer XML emitter the U2 that are brighter then XML T6 thats in the Keygos M10 and the U2 XML is meant to put out more light with lower current.

I have read a few Keygos M10 have had issues but i don't think the UF-2200 has been tried and tested yet as its pretty new, so it will come down to some one trying it or personal choice.

Since the UF-2200 has a XML U2 and i personally don't like glow in the dark switch boots or o-rings and I'm not a fan of ebay for torches or batteries i would order the UF-2200 even at $2 more.

So far this is the cheapest single 26650 U2 XML light with included 18650 spacer that ive seen.

17mm driver?

Good Answer!!

I am really into the short form factor 26650 lights, and if this one lives up to what you stated, looks like I will have another 26650 light.Wink

I think so, i hope so. I have asked Jim at manafont but it is friday night there so might not hear back till monday arvo.

This retailer shows it to be 870 lumens OTF using an integrated sphere. I guess that's pretty good and may be driven at about 2.8a I would think.

http://www.szwholesale.com/uniquefire-5mode-870lm-1x1865026650-flashlightfx2200-p-4244.html

So do you know now?

Jim from manafont is waiting to here back from the manifacture, i will buy one very soon and let you know, if i here nothing back

Hi guys,

so I bought this flashlight and I just got it in the mail. I have some questions:

1) Which way does the battery go? I have a 26650, I took off the nice spacer. I assume the negative pole goes where the spring is? So battery goes negative in first?
2) I cleaned out the threads because the grease looks dirty to me, grey grease. What kind of grease should I use? I have marine grease and silicon grease.
3) Will this flashlight work ok in the rain? I bought it to use on my bicycle.
3) I bought a charger the TR005. Do I set it at 4.2v or 3.0v?
4) Do I charge up my Trustfire 26650 5000mah battery first?

Thank you.

Nope, it goes positive in first.

Silicone grease is one of the best for flashlight usage, especially for anodized ones.

Yep, some minor water splashing won’t hurt it, just don’t drop it in a lake :slight_smile:

4.2V.

Preferably yes, Li-Ion batteries don’t like being stored in discharged state.

You know the only problem with the U2s? It’s the tint. They are too blue for me. I want something preferably around that 3 to 5k mark. But this is so wicked tempting still! Love the form-factor!

OK thank you Shadoww for the tips. Good thing I asked first about the polarity. Next question, I turned on the light, it seems there are a lot of dust I under the glass (?). I don’t see it without turning it on. Should I clean it, and how to I undo the drop? I see two indentations on the drop, what do I use and which way do I turn? I assume counter clockwise.

ok, so I just took a screwdriver and started rotating those dimples counter clockwise and got everything taken apart. I had to do it because the emitter itself is dirty. I cleaned out and re lubed all the threads and o rings. Overall, this is my first torchlight so I can’t say anything about its performance, but the built quality is adequate. There are physical imperfections everywhere. Overall I’m satisfied with it, will test it out on my bike in the dark in the coming weekend.