Cheapest XP-G R4 Neutral tint flashlight or drop-in around? Pls recommend

Posted in CPF LED flashlights but no replies, finally someone replied to ask me to post here. :) Hope its ok.

There is a Tank007 TK18 as advertised on focalprice and somewhere else. However the problem is that this is not found on the official Tank007 website. Is it a copy or discontinued model?

Also there is the Skyray S-R5 on dealextreme using the XP-G R4. Is this really R4 or mistyped as R4 but in reality is a R5?

Or should i just bite the bullet and go for the Lumintop P16 XPG-R4 at 55 bucks. (I don't want XM-L already as anything below 42mm reflector is too floody, else could have just gone Xeno E03 or something...TD15X T5 is too expensive).

Any other recommendations? Pls continue, take it as price is not an issue, for me/us to drool only....

Thanks!

Hmm, Xeno E03 was available with a neutral XP-G at some point. Maybe ask the tacticalhid guy if they have some left? bestinone.net still lists them, but there have been mixed reports about them . Maybe you can ask sashix if he has received his.

Other flashlights with neutral tint XP-G for under $50.

Romisen RC-29 II NW Cree XP-G R4 Neutral White Flood-to-Throw

ShiningBeam S-mini Neutral White

Romisen RC-2R4 II XP-G R4 Neutral White 2-mode

Romisen RC-G2 II NW Neutral White XP-G R4 (good compact thrower)

Romisen RC-N3 II NW Cree XP-G R4 Neutral White 2-Mode

Romisen RV-235 NW CREE XP-G R4 Neutral White

I am very sure that the Skyray from DX uses a cool white emitter.

If you are willing to spend more than $50 the Zebras might be worth a look:

SC51w Flashlight AA Neutral White (still thinking about getting one myself, highest neutral output on 1AA)

SC60w Flashlight 18650 Neutral White

R4 is just overall output, not a tint. R5's weren't as common when the XP-G first came out, so sometimes they used R4's, but they were cool white as well.

I have made my own neutral drop-ins using parts from KaiDomain. If you can solder, that's not a bad way to go (around $13).

Driver ($13.71 for 5): http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=11218

alternatively, Driver ($3.98): http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1801

LED ($6.41): http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=11117

Drop-in ($2.63): http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=11201

Wow...thanks a lot! Yep I know R4 and whatever other bins is just a guaranteed output thingy, like T5, T6 and U2.....i was more like lumping them together with the lower output + neutral tint thingy. Gotta becareful there.... Thanks again!

BTW any neutral tint drop-ins? XM-L, XP-G, XR-E or XP-E are ok. I really like the Lumintop P16 looks at it has neutral, its expensive but still "manageable", but I guess i'd love to have a Solarforce L2X. :)

This dropin is more warm (yellow) than neutral, but it is cheap enough to just try it.

That one might be more to your liking.

Thanks a lot Vectrex. How about this, not sure its neutral? (doesn't say man). I am not in the US, shiningbeam would mean my package is usd32 shipped. I can get the Lumintop P16 at usd55 shipped.

http://www.dinodirect.com/led-flashlight-3mode-cree-r4-romisen-rc-2r4.html Dinodirect would be usd21 shipped.

KD has a warm white drop-in which i would just try, 10 bucks. So left with neutral. :)

Be careful that DD light is most likely cool white. Only SB carries the neutral versions , at least to the best of my knowledge. I live in Europe so I have to pay $6 shipping cost, when ordering from SB. BTW I don't have any of the neutral lights, I will build 2 dropins myself.

The second dropin is "Color temperature: 4000~4300K" , that is neutral in my book. Also the youtube video looks neutral, but that impression might be off, because of the white balance of the users camera.

No problem about the WB, I am a professional wedding photographer....these stuff do wreak havoc on perception. :)

Purchased both drop-ins. L2X here I come!

Give us some feedback how they behave.... got a link for that KD dropin you mentioned?

I find it disorientating, I always have to watch my toes when posting in CPF. What a change here! :D No sales links, and you cannot whack the revered stuff like SR90 (you will surely get whacked back multiple times).

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=9770 XP-E, so you get somewhat better efficiency/runtime (not that its important for a 18650 light, but if you are doing L2m with a 16340 then....), smaller hotspot.

BLF is more like the anti-CPF, we like links if they help us. Bang for the buck is key here. Surefire is mostly considered overrated here in that respect. Newbies don't get yelled at, overall much nicer. But you can still talk about high price lights.

Thanks for link.. did you buy all 3 dropins? When they arrive a comparison beamshot would be nice, thanks in advance. ;-)

Nope...did not get the KD drop-in, too close to DX the XR-E warm white's functionality. Prefer to use the money to get the L2X. I prefer HA, they definitely will keep the new look in years to come, unless you use it professionally in the field.

thanks Vectrex for the link to the DX P3 dropin. I love bright white lights but maybe Im missing something. I"m trying it.

Bizzaro CPF

I have the KD drop-in: it's very yellow and the mode memory doesn't work properly (always the next mode even if turned off for a long time).

No problem.... I almost forgot that SF is selling a WW P4 dropin, too. It is a little more expensive though.

Searched a little more and found this review from budgeteer for another WW dropin . It seems there are several warm white dropins, but very few neutral ones.

Agenthex has said good things about the DX neutral dropin.

PA is also selling a unknown WW dropin.

Solarforce 4-18V = It will probably flicker on a single 18650.

Is that a guess, or do you have some references (links)?

Guess? I have two Solarforce drop-ins bought in their retail store in Hong Kong, they are only tested in the shop with 2xCR123A and both of the drop-ins flicker when using 18650s. One is a red P4 and probably has the same driver as the warm-white (yellow) drop-in.

OK, that is a lot more substantial than your first post. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same driver for similar voltage ranges.