Cheers for BLF designers and GB organizers!

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give a quick shout out for all of the guys and gals here that contribute their expertise and time toward the fantastic “skunkwork” projects that are churning out of BLF. Just take a look at the first 6 posts I’m seeing on the front page at the moment, which all have a significant amount of BLF DNA in their design and execution:

Really, hats off to everyone that contributes in any way to these fascinating initiatives! And many thanks to the manufacturers and vendors that work with us to make this all possible.

:+1: :beer: :+1: :beer: :+1: :beer:

Ditto that. I have had some fantastic lights from here which wouldn’t have existed without them. :beer:
I won’t start picking out people, but would just like to join in and give a collective and massive ‘thank you’ to you all!

Thanks for all the fanastaic contributions and unique creations. You are our heroes. :heart_eyes:

It is nice to see positive feed back from action and hard work that results in happiness!

Even if our BLF designed flaslights were crap, it is amazing that we are having them all made. :sunglasses:

Ha! :smiley:

Yeah, I’m very new here. The BLF projects really is what drew me in. Very impressive stuff

LOL very true

This place is pumping, a great and vibrant community united by a common interest and a very positive attitude. I don’t want to miss even one day of checking in.

Yes, amazing indeed! Big hug for everyone!

:crown: :+1:

I’m amazed at how much the BLF community is able to accomplish and the inspiration that the manufacturers are even taking away from here! It’s crazy! There was a thread a while back about the general shift away from individuals modding to a more commercial nature with all the BLF specials. In that thread, somebody made the case that we had begun modding the manufacturers. I agreed with that statement then, and I think we’re really seeing the fruit of that now. Manufacturers are even approaching us to do specials now! (Not me personally :wink: )

BLF will conquer the world through the lights :sunglasses:
Thanks to (all) those involved in (all) projects. I’m still on the way to get my first “special” flashlight (FW3A, BLF & TLF) but I feel proud of these individuals and community (including manufacturers) that have done so much to a more illuminated world :exclamation: :beer:

Tip of the hat! :beer: :beer: :beer:

We are a large community that has become more of a family of people with common interests & needs to take our time to help to make things we enjoy better for everyone :slight_smile:

I want to thank everyone who has turned this hobby into what it is today. So many things have changed since I began this hobby so long ago. I can’t count the times we members complained about flashy modes in the main UI or bad mode spacing. They would never listen.
Then Tido came along with “how to build a flashlight with perfect modes” :+1: . It was the first time we could actually have the modes we wanted. Then Drjones refined the code even more with more options. I think it was JonnyC that made the first e-switch FW. Comfychair came up with the idea of converting a 105C amc7135 driver into a FET driver. And lots and lots of other contributors that made all this possible. Tom E and Toykeeper have took the UI into the future with all their new FW’s. There’s so many features now that I had never even thought of, that I have to keep a cheat sheet bookmarked so I can go back and look to see what all it does.
I know I could never name everyone that contributed with all the things that has come from BLF in past 10 years but I would like to thank you all for all you have done to make this hobby so interesting and fun for me. It’s kept me out of trouble and really expanded my knowledge (food for the brain). Thank you Everyone, BLF is the place to be for a old Flashaholic. :+1: . :beer:
Oh yeah, and you too SB. :wink:

To say nothing of NASA!

Exactly, and now I’m here in this thread requesting them to please add the flashy modes back! (But well hidden please!) :sunglasses: My, how times have changed.

Thank you all! So many changes, for the better. Every time I pop in there’s something new.

Thanks sb for starting this!!!

I too, would like to say thanks for a great forum, and applaud the many people who have spent much of their spare time making this world a “brighter” place.
I am quite new here and a few months ago didn’t know anything about flashlights.
I have learned a lot about led’s, batteries and chargers, and have already bought some of the BLF developed lights.
I have saved a lot of money by buying the right flashlights, and using the many coupons and offers provided on this site.

A while ago there was a thread about donations:

I know the developers and organizers on this forum spend countless hours doing what they love, but I was also keen to make donations from time to time to help pay for out of pocket expenses as the above thread describes. I’m sure a lot of other members would agree.
When I asked how to make a donation, (in the above thread) it seemed that The Miller is not handling that side of things anymore, and I didn’t get a definite answer on how to do so.
If anybody can clarify this matter it would be appreciated.

Thank you guys for your generous contributions in knowledge and skill sets. You all make pocket rockets and powerful flashlights affordable. I’d never spend over $100 for high powered mutli-cell and/or multi-emitters but your dedication has allowed me to make exceptions. I own a BLF Q8 and will be owning a BLF GT Mini. My high power search light (Thrunite TN31 bought on sale for $120 about 5 years ago) will rarely if ever see the “light” of day.

Thanks to all the modders and reviewers who contribute too (of lights, batteries, and battery chargers).