Chilly to Hot In Your Neck Of The Woods Already?

Wow I thought I was the only BLF member in this part of town.:stuck_out_tongue: I’ll have to keep an eye out for the person with the cool flashlight when I’m on the trails again. :smiley:

Did anyone hear it?

I hope the person who heard it not under tree! :smiley:

Wow, very cool hike. Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to get up off my lazy arse and do some exploring myself. :slight_smile:
Ever fish those lakes? Curious what species of fish you have in your part of the world.

I bet the Northern Pike get huge there with all those smaller species to feed upon.

Try for Baguio City. Today’s high 78, low 64. Sweet.

got our first hail of the year.
typical oscillating springtime.
shiver/sweat/repeat.

Heat index up to 126°F in metro Manila. We’re lucky where we live, it’s only 106°F.

Still weird weather here. Hit 98 a week ago, then cool again. 97 last Saturday. Predicted high this Wed is 49. It’s usually in the 90s all the time by this time of year.

Glad the new AC install is finished. WAY better than the old unit. Waiting on the insulated doors to help keep the garage temps down.
And I got to scavenge the old HVAC blower fan and the fan from the outside compressor unit.

The HVAC squirrel cage is a three speed jobbie and it was easy to figure out the wiring. Need to put it on an amp meter to figure out how much to restrict the flow to get the correct efficiency. I understand these are designed to be run that way or they will overheat and cook.
Running free, as I restrict the output, the fan speeds up and pushes harder.

The compressor fan has me momentarily stumped. It has an external capacitor for starting. But I’m not sure how it’s wired up. The fan, the compressor, and two starting capacitors were all wired into relay. I took a photo, but seem to have deleted it from the phone some how. By the time I got it off the unit, all I have is a pile of parts.

As far as anyone hearing the tree fall.
I think the Pope shit himself and a bear made the sign of the cross when it missed him.

This may not translate to other cultures.
All the Best,
Jeff

Our spring in OK has been mild. Most years we would have had many days in the upper 80s and a couple in the low 90s by now, but last spring was cooler and this spring seems cooler still. I’m not complaining at all. Instead of seeming to jump from 60s highs almost straight to 80s highs like most years, we have been having plenty of highs in the 70s which is perfect ‘open windows’ weather. And the tornadoes don’t seem as plentiful or as severe the last two springs, either; makes sense since they thrive on hot, soupy air to spin up.