Choose your favourite BLF member for led4power 5A lin. driver review

Actually I just changed my vote to you! You deserve to do a review of this driver... Just read through your switch tests - awesome! Actually just ordered a couple of those 6A switch's. Not to mention the MCPCB tests you did -- I'm sure there's a lot more...

thanks Tom :-)

But I'm not much of an electronics guru, driver testing would not really be my department, I am really glad we have HKJ do do such tests! I would do a user's review.

His tests of drivers are the best

http://lygte-info.dk/info/indexLedDrivers%20UK.html

I know RacerR86 could do a phenomenal job from several angles. The more reviews from different perspectives, the better. But you do have a nice scientific method and the tools/skills for testing. Can't beat HKJ of course, but I think regular BLFers will be able to get it to quicker - HKJ always has that huge backlog. There are many better qualified to test these drivers, but time, interest etc. - also this was first come, first serve basically, but I can understand a rush on this by led4power.

My cat says I'm not smart enough...and he might be right.

There will be 4 people who get one of top of HKJ and RMM as far as I have understood. The 4 others were supposed to be picked in this giveaway. But three of the winners did not send shipping info to led4power, so he moved on to this thread.

We can always expect HKJ to deliver on the graphs and measurements. :)

All the details on this driver will be covered nicely by the time everyone have done their reviews. Technically and subjectively.

Ive got opera singers on my team, and Tom E is still winning. I don't understand where things went wrong...

Racer at least has the Chloe demographic locked up. He lost me with hairball…er opera cat though. :stuck_out_tongue:

HJK is BUSY. He even said it himself. I am sure everyone wants HJK to do the test but I think his que is the problem here (2+ weeks?). The members above are perfectly knowledgeable and know what to do and is able to provide what we want to know.

Fwiw, I voted for RaceR86 because he mods lights that I'm into.

HKJ's waiting list is months long for batteries. It could be shorter for drivers since he may do both tests at the same time.

All of these horribly atrocious lumen sicko’s are “psyco detention center escapees” and will brutally push your poor drivers through the roof, but you’re also missing more than a few members in your line-up that are properly equipped to thoroughly test the several technical aspects of your driver to the nth degree… so be it, and no worries.

From your list, many of these guys have helped me and many others while providing inspiration to mod out lights. Only from a personal standpoint, my vote goes to Tome for his insane dedication to busting open fiercely glued OEM lights with the self-discovered mega BOA strap wrenches; and then perform major surgery to the poor hosts that must survive the appalling brutal onslaught of uncalled for amperage and mega-thermal heat soak… those poor chunks of AL always beg for mercy. Tome, thank you for all your how-to’s and helping so many other BLF’ers achieve lumen fame & glory. You have my vote sir!

If I might add, please consider sending a driver to your first and second top pics for a much greater perspective.

RaceR suggests some inside knowledge in this post

Should satisfy your request.

Just updated post #1 with where this vote and selection came from..

Whoa da - thanx FlashPilot!

I'm flattered to be included in the list, but I have to say I don't feel worthy. Everyone of the other choices would do a better job. It's a hard choice, but I will vote Mattaus because he has been such a big contributor in diy driver development.

PS: RaceR86's humor makes this thread very fun to read.

Agreed, he is the reason for me getting into the Modding section anyway…without his tutorials and pretty much handholding me thru alot of this I wouldn’t be able to do near what I can do to help the community now

For testing purposes though I still say there is NOONE that comes close to HKJ’s complete tests, but I voted for Mattaus

Well, I wasn’t very active in the giveaway thread so I missed the poll…
But I would like to make a thread to explain the differences between buck, boost and linear drivers.
A few people seem to be interested so if I’m selected I would be able to include this driver in the post as the linear one instead of using a standard 7135 driver.
I can also make a separate thread just to test this driver. I’m slowly starting to have some decent equipment so I can test the efficiency and such.
Here is a review I did so that you can see what I do. :slight_smile:

Who ever can get the most throw out of my k40 and the most lumens out of my m6 gets my vote

I run 3 separate test queues: Batteries, Charges and other stuff.

The two first has very long queues (months, I have more than 25 batteries and 10 chargers), for the last one I do also have a lot of stuff, but nothing with priority on. This means I will test the driver and publish a review fairly fast, when I receive it (Fairly fast is within a few weeks).

yayyyyy

I'll find a way to break it. I guarantee it lol.