(closed,all sold out) another batch of BLF Mini (TrustFire mini-01)

How variable are the LED color temperatures looking on this new run?
That seems the biggest variable you can’t control where whoever builds them uses whatever.

Also, anyone checked the drivers yet who can say something about what they’ll handle for homebuilt?
Are they current-limited?
Current limited — I think— would manage a colored LED (that takes a lower voltage) without burning it up — I think.

I don't think the Mini is current limited, it seem to be linear with filtering only. Which is why I haven't put in a Nichia in it - the 219 have a Vf of 3.0V which is close to XM-L. It's very possible the driver will put 2.2A++ through the N219 and pop it.

After examining mine, I found out it has a broken inductor right smack at the center where it keeps the magnetic flux. That pretty much explain the erratic behavior - the current is out of whack. Probably the capacitor is gone too since it keeps filtering high spikes.

And I found out that CREE bins tint at low current. So whenever you buy a "neutral" tint CREE for high power application, e.g. this Mini (2.2A) and BLF A8 (3A), there's NO guarantee. Never tested at those current for that claimed tint.

This really goes with what I'm seeing from my Mini: somewhat neutral using 3V primary (est 1A), YELLLOOWW at 4.2V (2.2A).

Good info. (so I’m still looking for a current-limited driver, sigh, in that diameter or smaller)

That’s great, thanks!

Bump. Would appreciate regular updates about this and the A8. If no extra drivers, then ship the lights. Drivers do not take this long to produce. Please stay on this Rey.

The page states that voltage input is 0.8-3.6V but I wonder if anyone here knows whether it can take an AW IMR16340 LiMn rated at 3.7v but charges up to 4.2 volts?

The stock Mini that I have comes with a 3V primary(3.3V fully charged) but also works with 16340 3.7V rechargeables(4.2V fully charged). Did the first batch of Minis come with any documentation?

Out of curiosity, if we ordered 2 were they sent in the same packaging or seperate? I got one today and want to make sure they would have been together before I contact through aliexpress :slight_smile:

So finally mine was shipped 21 dec. after 1 month
I think all other orders with extra driver are just shipped too. The tracking number on aliexpress which was posted right after purchase is fake, the real number is mentioned under remark.

Mine arrived yesterday, just in time for Christmas!

Nicely packaged, no issues.

The light itself is great, just what I expected really. Amazing value for money.

Thanks Rey! Good work.

Got mine on Thursday. This thing is a pocket rocket on a RCR123!

Thanks Rey!

My 2 came today with the extra driver in the battery bubble. Thanks Rey.

BTW:

Is this second batch still open or has it been closed already?

Thanks!

I heard that there are still some left. Be quick. ;)

Ordered & paid :wink:

Any of the 2/30/100% left? I’d like one but am not interested in the Hi > Lo > Strobe version.

Should be. At least Rey said that he had a couple of those left when I last discussed with him.

PM him (WWEFANS) and ask..

Just did that. Thanks.

Any luck?

I’m tempted to go another