(Closed)-Group Buy-BLF Edition,Lumintop SD10.

Glad to hear that. thanks for the update.

Hopefully the custom and courier could move their asses faster.

There is only a little more than one week before I go home for Chinese New year.It is the greatest animal migration ever.100,000,000 people return hometowns from their working cities,which are usually 10-24 hours by train with speed of 130 km/h.

It's really hard to get a train ticket. some bad guys use the illegal way to stock many tickets and sell them at a double price.

Collected mine today from the post office.

Tested using 32650, 1 x D.

Have not test with the 4 x AA battery adapter yet.

Thanks Rey!

Got mine today. And my dream of using it with 4 eneloops is shattered…

First things first, there are some faults in the anodizing. But that’s not the worst part, no moon mode with 4 eneloops tops it (but hey, at least they fit, right?..). |(

I’m very disappointed, and hope Lumintop will somehow fix it.

I received mine a couple of days ago, I like the design and UI but mine has a few problems. Firstly it arrived with a patch of anodizing worn through where the AA battery carrier had been rubbing against it, but the biggest problem is it is only usable on Lithium batteries. Mine does not work at all with 1 D cell or 4 AA alkalines, on 4 Eneloops it has 3 modes but only when fully charged, when I first tested it on NIMH I just pulled a set out of my D40A that were working fine but not at full charge and the only mode it had then was a very low moon mode! I bought this light as a 4AA light and it is useless as that. Even with fully charged Eneloops it only puts out about 1/3 output compared to 1 18650. No doubt after a short time on Eneloops the voltage will drop and I will end up with moonlight only. Very disappointing.

Hmm. I have never heard of an Eneloop D cell with 10.000mAh.

This has to be a mistake!!!!!!

Ok I just got it but I can’t change the spring!!! Someone please help

See Strick9’s directions in #733 in this thread.

I used a jewelers screwdriver slipped between the coils to wind the spring out of the tailcap.

Same technique used in reverse to wind the new spring into the area under the black ledge.

That is Strict9’s direction.
Other method is after put some end part of spring under black ring, I push the other side to get in the hole using small coin.

Using 4xAA NiMH carrier will losing moon mode (the mode is there, but no visible light at all), all modes working fine with 3xAA NiMH carrier.

Got it…thanks guys…

But the new spring does not work on 18650. Is it supposed to only work on AA carrier…and if we need to use 18650 we have to change back to old spring?

Yes, if using 18650 have to change it back.

Mine arrived today. Just tried it with a 18650 and the nice spacer.
Interesting ui but I am sure this would be hard to explain to normal people…is there an additional turbo mode anywhere or just 4modes+beacon?

Has this kind of a thermalprotection build in? I just let it tail stand on high for some time and it switched to low…a bit later it increases output again…? Looks like a turbo timeout or so…?

I tried ikea laddas AAs and they fitted inside the tube, sad that the moon doesn’t work on them.
I blame the reviewers for not saying this |( !!!

Strange thing…

I fetched my 3 NWs from the customs today (another 18€ tax…) and all of them work with 4* AA from Aldi with all 4 Modes :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe the NW bin is the key?
Or the superior 18,6 €cent/Piece Aldi batteries? :smiley:

AND - they got a new charge of Emitters while they were producing.
The first 2 have a very nice neutral white tint, the one latter in the list is a bit greenish.

besides all 2 have small spots of damage on the rippling I am very pleased!

Somebody wants a change - 4 Mode with AA vs. 3 Mode with AA?
Only 20$ extra charge :smiley:

Mine is also neutralwhite.
try to let yours run for a while and than test the moon again…it’s voltage depending.

I got the lights for some hours and just modded mine (one for me, one for my sister, one for a colleague at work)…

The tube now fits 26650 and I added a strong Magnet under the sporing so the light can now be attached to a steel surface, even at right angle. (Magnet: Neodym, 15x3mm, glued into it with double sided tape)

Great idea for the magnet :slight_smile:

Just checked my driver, from 1.8V-3.0V the moon mode can’t be switched on…
Around 2.6V there is low voltage protection, blinks a few times than shuts off
Can be switched on again but blinks and shuts off again, if you open it up(driver sees no voltage for a moment)and close it again it can be switched on, because than the light might think you have put in the AA2S2P holder. So this could underdischarge a cell.

On 1.5V it uses around 1A on high which should give plenty of useful time with a D or some AAs in parallel.
From 1.2V-2.4V tailcap current stays around 0.9A-1A.

I have to open it up and measure led current and tailcap current to make real sense of the measurements later…
Also it needs to be checked if another led will light up in moon mode in the 1.8V-3V range.

Thanks, that is usefull information, and explains the lot. (still waiting for my copy)

got mine yesterday…

also a bit damaged from the battery holder which was squeezed into the box :frowning:

I just short-tested with a 18650 and like the nice tint (got a NW)

can someone tell me again how the UI works?

@l4m4
what did you to make the 26650 fit?

I used a 3/4” PVC Electrical Coupling and filed out the center stop and it worked fine.
Just thinking that you are a Metric country but plumbing and electrical sometimes do not follow the rules……….