(Closed)-Group Buy-BLF Edition,Lumintop SD10.

What “crazy GBs. :wink:

I tested 8pcs of bulk production drivers. All of them are 2.5-2.6A.

The mode memory and cycle are fine,but I found a little problem with the 3mins timer.

Already asked the engineer to re-program the code.It will be fixed very soon.

The aluminum 4AA battery holder doesn't support Ni-MH.

Original plastic 3AA holder can be provided free, but the box will not fit anymore.

This might lead to a increasing shipping cost.I will try to find a good box.

Need to know:

1.Does anyone need a plastic AA holder?

2.Is it ok to use a plain box?

Best Regards

Rey

Plain box OK with me. How about increasing the size of the aluminum holder a bit so Ni-MH will work. I would be happy to spend a couple more dollars so this can happen.

I guess just some thicker nimh don’t fit, I had this problem with other devices. Never had fitting issues with white eneloops.
Have you tested eneloops?

What is a plain box? How does the 3AA holder look like?

1. I don’t need a plastic AA holder, I have several.
  2. Plain box is OK for me.

I will try to adapt the aluminum 4AA battery holder to support Ni-MH.
If not… I will use this: http://www.gearbest.com/diy-parts-and-tools/pp_89760.html

without the “-” spring…

If Eneloops fit I have no problem. :slight_smile:

Same here :slight_smile:

+1

This is the original plastic 3*AA holder. I dont have any Eneloops, _the_ or JM might answer this question.

In what way does the 4XAA carrier not support NiMH? How does it not fit?

If changing the box and including the 3XAA carrier is going to increase shipping costs, I’d say don’t do it. I’d rather spend a little more on a 4XAA battery carrier that works than to spend more on shipping. If you can add the 3XAA carrier without increasing anyone’s cost (including yours and/or Lumintop’s), I’d be in for that. Plain box is okay for me if you end up needing to ship the 3XAA carriers.

Thanks for all your efforts!

The cells fit well in the carrier, but the combined diameter is too large to fit into the body tube. Boring the tube would probably help?

Thanks, that is exactly what I thought. In fact, Engineering Toolbox says that three 14mm circles are all that will fit in a 32mm circle. So, I’m not surprised that four 14500’s will not fit into a tube made to hold a single 32650.

I have plastic 3AA battery holders just like in the photo. I would not need extensive modifications of the SD10 like boring a larger diameter of the flashlight tube to be happy. I say, once the driver has new code the light should be ready to go. I would have no complaints if the light can only 3 AA size batteries. It still is a great flashlight at a good price.

Not looking to argue about the flashlight with anyone. What are the most important qualities of the flashlight for other people?

(1) I don’t need the 3xAA plastic carrier. I have several already in 3 series and 3 parallel configurations.

(2) I have no problem with whatever box is used, original packaging or plain.

I do agree with DavidEF that further cost be contained for both us and Lumintop.

Thanks for the update on the driver fix, too!

Oh dear lord they haven’t shipped yet. :zipper_mouth_face:

I’m guessing the rechargeable incompatibility comes from a length issue. The carrier looks like it screws together, its not hard for the end user to increase the length of the carrier. Just ship the darn lights already!

I’m guessing you didn’t read what =the= said up above. The NiMH cells fit in the carrier, but they don’t fit into the tube.

It does look like it might be close to shipping. WWEFANS said the engineer is working on the driver issue. Everything else seems fine.

I am still confused about status quo.
So normal AAs fit but nimh not? Is that correct?
If normal AAs fit, eneloops should fit too…I am confused…

DavidEF could you please share where you found that calculation with the circles
Edit: found it myself
So it has to be around 35mm to fit 4AAs
2.41421*smallercircle=biggercircle
2,41421×14=33,79894
2,41421×14,2=34,281782
So are we talking about 0.5mm?

What about this:

You can choose if you want the 3*AA or the 4*AA holder - but you can’t have both.
So everyone would get the original box (important for me) and there is no trouble about the size of the package.

I will use my one with a 26650 and the two others are going to be used with standard AA batteries, so for me the carrier with 4 slots would be better (it also looks good)

I’m fine with any combo you come up with.

Thanks for getting this moving again!!!

That’s a huge bummer. I mostly wanted one because of the 4AA capability. 4 eneloop XX set aside just for this light. :frowning: