(Closed)-Group Buy-BLF Edition,Lumintop SD10.

I got mine last week. It must have taken longer to deliver it to you since you live Down Under……… Germany and the Czech Republic. :smiley:

Ui description from OP

Missing info about the timeout in high mode which comes after a couple of minutes and goes to mid, I guess the strobe is the beacon or I haven’t found strobe yet…

The illuminated button is kind of useless or has anyone found out what it is good for?

thank you!

That was kinda easy, you only need that and that 0:)

I have to say, I really, really love this light.
26650 and the magnet make a perfect addition. The size is great, the UI is good, the handling is fine and the output is well

:smiley:

i wish i had a lathe…
(i have been educated as a metal worker once ;))

Could it be that the button-illumination ist somewhere between 0.001 and 0.002 Lumen?
I tested it yesterday night and couldn’t really see it.

Well it’s a bit useless - when the light is on, i usually see it :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought it maybe is for battery status but I guess that is only a dream because I have not got it to do anything other than lighting up when pressed which is indeed useless…

i did some measurements on mine (NW)

battery moon low mid high
18650 Amps 0.007 0.193 0.705 2.095
18650 Lumen 0 72 246 520
eneloop Amps 0.007 0.219 0.348 0.790
eneloop Lumen 0 55 104 192
Alkaleak Amps 0.007 0.280 0.395 0.790
Alkaleak Lumen 0 72 115 185

Lumens from “ceilingbounce” in a woodden shelf
now that i am typing i think i will do it again with a white cardboard above the light/meter

and my eneloop fit with no problems…

finally mine already arrive but it got some imperfection on anodizing :frowning:
doesn’t get moon mode when using 4xAA but overall its good if i can find a slave for 26650 battery.

A 3/4” PVC Electrical coupling will work if you file out the center rib.

I do think same thing, damage on anodized because battery holder is crammed to the box and have tight packaging.
I like the beam pattern, UI (using 26650) and the weight/size.

Received mine this afternoon - also a tiny mark on the ano, but since it’s ‘all for go and not for show’ I really don’t care.
Works like a champ on D cells, which is exactly what I wanted it for. Very pleased, thanks for your efforts Rey.

Received mine today too, thanks Rey! :wink:

I also have zero problems with fitting eneloops, just the driver makes no moon with them. I am really wondering why nobody has tested this before 100 lights got sent through the world…

Seem all a bit lower than my max readings but plausible.
Is this with the 4AA holder in 2s2p configuration? Because I get around 1A on high with that and around 0.8A on 1AA.

Got both of my NW lights. Slight damage to the anno due to jamming the battery holder into the box ... not a big deal. I was showing it to a buddy and the button seemed to not do anything. A couple of seconds later it was working fine. I'll have to check to see if I can reproduce the glitch. Overall I like it with a 32650 it should run a long time!

I know what you mean, I did this to when I got it new. The button needs some delay time after pressing if you press a lot it does not what you want, that is no problem if you wait a half second between pressing.

Smilefyi, post #715 is where I posted my mods, amps and lumens measurements. I get 2.85A on a TF protected 32650.

Werner - amps was tested on the samples and reported back to Rey. Post #703 I asked the same thing of 'the' and he responded in post #708. He measured 2.2A - 2.4A and reported it back to Rey, and they supposedly increased it to 2.6A. Not sure why it wasn't made public at the time - guess they didn't want to excite the mass's Smile. As usual, the group buy sampling seems to be only good for avoiding a total flop, but not good for getting what is claimed.

Why Rey never updated the "final specs" in the OP is not right, one may say it's deceptive. It still says 3A at high, and not mentioned for a specific battery configuration as well. Now he may not be totally to blame, because the manufacturer/supplier said they were up'ing the amps, but Rey might not have known exactly what the final result was when they were shipped.

If 'the' is right, it sounds like Rey knew it was being adjusted to 2.6A, so he could have updated the final specs to "2.6A max" - that would have been a lot more accurate and fair to us.

Yes, my mistake. They are AccuEvolution LSD cells, not Eneloop.

Mine Arrived today finally! :slight_smile:
Arrived in great shape as ordered.

Edit: i have the same problem as others mentioned, with the 4-AA carrier there is no moonlight, only a blank dead spot where it should be in the modes. Moon works ok though on 18650 or 26650s. On D-cells, there are only two modes, Moon and Low ? ( i get only those two modes on a single D-Cell Alc with 1.6 volts.

I am just Right now doing a runtime test on a d cell, all modes work, mid and high have the Same Output but all modes are there.
I am using an old Duracell procell which has been in my lantern for over ten years.
I due to the low current of 0.7A on the beginning it will easyly run for some hours, but I am interested how it behaves with a almost depleted battery.

What do you mean with the missing modes? Do they have the same output or is the spot empty like on the AA holder?