(Closed) Jaxman U1 365nm UV flashlight, group buy with Tinywind

You can blame Tinywind for not making up their mind any time soon when the Romisen group buy partly failed, trying to have the light made elsewhere first and then silently releasing that track but not promptly refunding and instead in slow motion offering store credit to various people and leaving other people still uncertain about what the options are. But as far as I know everyone who actively asked for a refund has received it promptly.

This group buy is set up independant of the former group buy, which in a way makes it less complicated, but a consequence is that in some cases there's refunds from the last gb is going to the same person that is paying for this second group buy.

Please don't make it bigger than it is, what happened to the Romisen group buy is not a regular thing with a regular solution, things could have been arranged quicker and more professionally, but in the end most things get sorted and it was not about big money anyway.

I’m in for one. I did NOT receive a light in the double UV group buy. (I was #105 on the list.)

When fix the tracking problem, I buy mine.
No hurry, I can wait.

Just ordered mine! Thanks djozz!

Me too. Thanks a bunch!

Aloha! I'll take one please.

I’ll take one, I was also in the group of people that ordered and didn’t get the RoMiSen light.

If it’s still available. Is it?

Ill take one please. Thanks.

Yes, the deadline is oct 27th. I'm rather tired and busy right now but tonight I will add the new participants to the list and PM their codes.

I got some answers from Wanita:

For who wants to order two lights and was in the Romisen group without receiving a light, I have a new $12 discount code to solve the $2 difference (like keengeorge) please PM me if it concerns you and you have not ordered anything. If you have already ordered and payed the extra $2 you could try a PM to Wanita (tinywind.com), mind that it is weekend now.

About the tracking thing, they will correct the website after the weekend, and in the meantime: if you opt for 'insurance, no tracking $2', your light will be still be send with tracking.

Thanks djozz, ordered.

Tinywind’s webstore software insists on scrambling my street address, so I wanted to have the tracking.

I have Crizal lenses on my glasses. Does anyone know if these will pass for proper UV glasses when using a UV light?

Re-Edit: This is what their website says:

“Crizal No-Glare lenses provide:

• E-SPF® index of 25

• Most comprehensive protection against harmful UV light

• Daily UV protection in a clear lens”

I’m in for 2 (I was down for 3 in the BLF Romisen GB, but never received them). Please add me to the list!

is there any beamshot of a comparable light?

i only have some 5mm cash tester…
no experience with UV
and no idea what they are good for :smiley:

(not a lot scorpions in austria)

Cat Pee! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey guys. Can you not reply to all on your messages if you bought a light? It’s cool but everyone doesn’t need to know.

Try shining it around the bathroom sometime.

I have already some pairs of clear goggles but I read somewhere(here in the forum) that yellow lenses give better contrast….now I am confused….

Anyway there is much time if I can buy these on amazon…

The story is as follows:

-yellow glasses help for 400nm leds because it removes the annoying (and damaging) purple glow of 400nm, the fluorescence stands out more with them, clear glasses don't remove the purple.

-365nm leds do not emit light close enough to 400nm to be seen and disturb the fluorescence, they do give off a disturbing broad band whitish visible light that yellow glasses do not remove, you may as well use clear glasses and see more and in natural colour.

-the uv-pass filter on the Jaxman (if it works well) removes that white light from 365nm leds, so only the fluorescence can be seen in high contrast with a black non-fluorescent background. (Clear) glasses are only needed to prevent damage to your eyes, contrast enhancement is not needed.

I've tried yellow and orange safety glasses and found that they made it significantly more difficult to see luminescence under UV light. Could be due to the quality of the glasses and/or quality of the KD P60 module (which was reported to be pretty good at the time and does not appear to emit much visible light). On the rare occasion that I do use my UV light, I just turn off all the lights and avoid shining at people's eyes and reflective surfaces.

For people using UV lights frequently, proper safety glasses would be prudent.

Edit: Just saw djozz's comment. ^