Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

Hey guys,

The shipment of these last 30 MT09R. I just got word will be waiting for me when I land in Arizona.

Just in case I didn’t explain my partner is in Arizona and we are flying out there and moving everything here to the east coast. This is why I had that shipment sent to the Arizona warehouse because I knew I would be there from the 17 threw at least the first week of next month.

I still have a decent stock left in both colors and all are NW emitters so that makes at least that choice easy.

Anyone on the fence about purchasing one this would be the best possible time to do that.

As soon as I arrive and sleep a few hours I will begin shipping all of the units to TA that have been requested to go to TA. It makes things much easier on the both of us when I can send 1 or 2 large shipments verses 2 or 3 a week. It also cost us both a lot less in shipping costs. And believe it or not I have these marked down way below retail. Actually, they are priced just a small percentage above my actual cost.

My flight leaves tomorrow, and we will be landing sometime late tomorrow evening after an hour layover in Texas.

So I probably by Thursday I will be shipping out all current purchases.

It would really be a huge help for anyone on the fence to go ahead and get an order placed.

Thanks very much for all the support.

Major bummer. It’s the 2S2P 70 version that’s begging for an extension tube. However, the technical feasibility was discussed before, so it’s actually not a big surprise. And the tube would not be available in Green or Khaki anyway…
So this means no 8x18650, so I don’t have to purchase the Gyrfalcon All-88… yet. :disappointed:

Strange, the 2s2p is the one that should be super simple with the longer tube, you simply stack the cells like a Q8.

I think you need a minor redesign. You can have four springs on the rotating tailcap, but the current must run through the battery tube. Then the negative of the battery tube must somehow make contact with the negative of the PCB of the battery tube in contact with the driver.
The way it’s done in the Q8 or M43 is that you have a ring attached to the driver which is the positive. You don’t have that (only one centre spring) in the MT09R.

One question though: is there a possibility of having a 21700/20700 4x battery tube available?

That would be absolutely amazing, as I have quite a bit of 20700s on hand, and would like to use them in a monster light such as my MT09R

Yeah, It would be a very minor change of the rear PCB but it would have to change anyways, so I am not sure why that would mean they could not do it at all.

It doesn’t always make sense when she tells me no. But when she says no, it means no. So when Haike says no to 8x18650 2S2P I say OK got it! :smiley:

I just spoke to day in the phone a few minutes ago and the extended tube is set up in a 4S configuration and can be used with the MT09R 35 higfh and the MT07S. There will be another tube coming out soon for a 2S2P configuration.

Also the charging unit. He is supposed to be send me the instructions manual for it. the translated version has not yet been completed.

It is set up in a 2S2P configuration.

I have no idea where anyone got a email from him saying otherwise. I even asked him if he had told that to someone in an email. He does not remember doing that. This does not mean it didn't happen but he does not remember doing it.

His daughter is out of the hospital and recovering well. I did not ask for details. In China that would be considered rude.

Thanks guys...

The standard tube is already 2S2P. I think you mean 2S4P.

What we found in the internet, there will be 2 versions of the charging unit, one for 8,4V and one for 16,8V.
Otherwise they couldnt sell the charging unit for the MT09R XHP35 in this group buy. But the took the money and you have not written something, that the charging unit is only for 2S/8,4V Flashlights.

White leds are cool white, and not warm white. Machining and anodisation are really good. Haven’t tested charging function yet.

Edit:

Testing charging function now. A design flaw is that the rectangle cutout in front of the micro USB port is a bit on the small size; first three different micro USB cables that I used would not fit the unit at all. This means the device is less universal than what it should be.

OK, thats not that good, in combination with the lack of a USB-Cable in the package content.

If you have a Imalent DN/DT35/70, you could use this cable. It is the smallest, I have ever seen.

The dimensions of the rectangle on the Haikelite charger are 11.1 mm x 6.7 mm.
The plastic part of my Samsung micro USB cable for example have the dimensions: 11.8 mm x 6.1 mm, so the width is a bit under a millimeter too wide to fit.

Edit:

Charging finished.

Charger #1 charged a set of 30Q cells that were fairly full. Charger finished and cells were 4.13V each.
Charger #2 charged another set of 30Q cells that were about 3.8V each. Charger finished and cells were 4.19V each.

However, what I did not expect was that when the second charger finished (notified by the termination of the red button blinking), the setup was fairly warm. So the charger, battery tube, cells when removing them, and the power supply were all warm. This is fairly normal during charging when constant current is applied, but near completion of the charge protocol constant voltage is applied resulting in much lower current values resulting in the device cooling off to about room temperature. So I’m not sure if this is normal behaviour.

Do you have a USB Analyser Stick to check the charging current during the process?

If the charger has only CC and not CV, that woulsd be very disapointing.

I see 3 possible design issues for the charger:

- too small cutout for some microUSB Plugs

- possible no CV Charging, only CC

• Charging Cells in series

That would mean it can only be used in emergency situation.
Only camp-light and powerbank can be used due to safety issues.

Charging unprotected cells in series without BMS is not recommended because they can drift away from each other and can be over charged/discharged and due to the short tubes protected will hardly fit.

Cool white is very disappointing. I was thinking of using this as a lantern or for ambient lighting if it was warm white.

I don’t have a USB tester I’m afraid, and I was actually looking to get one the last couple of days… But I think eventually it’s not necessary to have one; there is only one reason the setup was warm, and that is current. A tester is convenient to verify this though.
Initially I suspect this was a result of the charging protocol, but maybe I have a lemon, I don’t know.

I personally don’t see the unbalanced charging as a problem. It’s a problem when you either have unmatched cells, or you charge and discharge like a couple of hundred times without checking battery status. If you’re going to use this unit on a holiday or so, and you charge like only a dozen times then I see no reason why the cells would suddenly be sufficiently unbalanced to cause problems.
This unit was also never intended to be a full time charger, and I don’t expect people here on this forum to use it that way.
So I see this unit as a very nice accessory to take on holiday or so, at the same time it’s a backup charger. And therefore it’s also possible that should this unit have a non ideal charging protocol, it’s still more than sufficiently OK for its purpose. I really don’t know anything about charging protocols, so hopefully others will report about their findings as well.

Yup. However, there is an easy fix. Just bond a piece of coloured filter on the inside of the diffuser to get a warmer tint. I was wondering whether this diffuser is standardised and there are other shapes and colours available… I’ll check it out and see if I can find something.

Is it too late to join the buy?

it charge 1.9A :crown:

@Lund1660, you can go on https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/

and buy a Haikelite MT09R there,for only 120$.

Then send it to Texas Ace and have him install the driver, and do other mode if you please.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I requested Terry hold off on sending me the MT09R’s he is sending to me until Monday. I will not have time to work on them until middle of next week anyways and this gives everyone a little more time to jump on board before he ships them to me.

The more we can keep things in larger orders then a bunch of small ones the simpler it is for all of us.

He has the lights now, I just simply won’t have time to work on them as the lights I have on hand now will take all my spare time until this weekend I am sure and early next week I will be busy with other stuff.

Speaking of which, 1 or 2 more packages showed up today but I have not opened them up yet to see whos they are.

Shame about change on the tint of the charger so many weeks and out of nowhere they decided change to cW without asking us this is the problem with group buys from China … so i guess i wont buying as i have plenty of cool tints already. WW would been really more useful for this type of light/charger. I was really lookiny forward but not this way when info is lacking and changing last minute, i would gladly payed 20$ for a warmer tint…