Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

You are correct.... It was actually going to be $39.25 and I asked why so much and it was because it was priority mail so I aksed if there was not a cheaper way and we found 1st Class which is much less, about half. Funny thing is that you can only ship first class packages up to 15 ounces here in the U.S. but I can ship them up to something like 40 pounds to other countries... It is what it is.... We will always be at the mercy of shipping...

You shipping charge will be $6.80 for the MT09R

And the shipping for the SC26 will be $4.80...

The little Fatty, I decided to drop that from $10.00 to $4.80 even though it is still almost as much as the larger 2 pound light but I can use a much smaller box and not nearly as much packing material so hopefully the money I save in packing materials will be enough to off set it.

You saved alot of money if you use their USPS priority medium box… well atleast in the united states.

Yep here in the U.S. using the priority region box "A" is how I get $10.80 priority shipping even all the way to Hawaii...

Thanks Terry for paying the shipping to me in Hawaii. If needed i’m willing to pay for shipping if it will help you to keep your cost down.

Welcome to BLF Winston Wulf.

Thank you for posting the images and your thoughts about the XHP35 Hi version, it’s always nice with first hand experiences :+1:

I don’t know how many XHP35 HI versions was sold in this GB without and reviews and no official specifications, let’s just hope that the GB version doesn’t have the “wrong” driver.

We will just have to wait and see what the official specifications is, but they are apparently getting lower :

It was actually the same price that it is priority mail to California... Honestly it shocked me I though it would be a lot more than that.

You just let me know what you think of the light when you get it...

I just checked the tracking on yours and it is scheduled to arrive on Thursday 2-15-2018.

Did you get the tracking number, it should have been emailed to you?

I'm just going to leave this right here for anyone that may be interested....

www.youtube.com/embed/8mm4oiZX0Nw

Yes I received the tracking from your store and from Dale. Purchased 3

Okay Great... I am sure you will love them all... My shipment of the 35 high version should be here sometime in the next 2 or 3 days and I can't wait. I am so ready to get one out and begin testing it right away...

Have fund and let me know if there is anything you may need.

You are correct... But Dale is still puzzled as to how those drivers ended up in any lights going out to dealers for sale at all. I just spoke to him about a half an hour ago and I asked him point blank if he knew of any way this could have happened. And he answered me honestly and said he had no idea.

I believe him. He just got back to the factory about 7 or 8 days ago, he had been at his home which is around 500 miles away. A lot of mistakes can happen when the boss is not there.

I am not trying to make excuses at all. I just know for sure that Dale had no idea at all that any lights with those drivers had been shipped to any dealer for retail sale. And to his knowledge there were only 5 total. 1 of them I have, he has one. That should only leave 3.

He has asked me to ask any one that orders an MTO9R from an authorized dealer and gets a light with a driver that is clearly only putting out a bit over 3500 lumens to email him with as much information as you may have so that he can try to find out how this could have happened.

I can't speak for another dealer, but I had to prove that I could completely tear down and re-assemble a Haikelite light and replacing parts as I re-assembled it to prove my soldering skills and my overall troubleshooting skills.

If this light had been shipped to me as soon as I tested it and it did not meet what the current specs at the time were I would have started right away troubleshooting the light and replace whatever the part causing the problem was.

With each shipment of lights, I also get a small amount of replacement parts just in case a driver or a switch does need to be changed.

You are right (at least in my store) if that light had output that low I would never have logged it into inventory until it had been repaired.

All of China is celebrating the Spring festival and I can speak on behalf of Haikelite on certain smaller matters.

So, on behalf of Haikelite, Dale and myself I do apologize for this having happened.

Dale is asking for all information that may help him get to the root cause of this and I can assure you he is not at all happy.

I am not sure if I will have some drivers coming in this shipment of mine that should be arriving in the next few days but if I do get some of the drivers for the 35 high and the dealer were the lights purchased from will not at the very least send out a replacement driver, I may just send you one myself.

Please let me make sure that I was shipped some replacement drivers first. Like I said normally I do get a small amount of replacement parts just in case there is an issue. That way I have the part on hand and do not have to keep the customer waiting. But this shipment was shipped in a hurry so it would make it out before the Holiday started so it is possible my parts got overlooked.

If you will send me a private message or just email me at hesaidshedaidsales@charter.net(link sends e-mail) and remind me please. As soon as the shipment arrives and I can check and see what parts if any came with this shipment. If I have one I will send it if the dealer will not.

He Said She Said Sales

Hello Terry,

allow me an answer regarding

I can understand that you are a little bit in panic regarding the reputation of HAIKELITE - but please do me a favour: do not try to silence me.

Ad1: I do not need a calibrated Ulbricht-Sphere or some kind of funny water tube to judge if the XHP35-version does not give out the specified value of Lumen. For me and many others it’s enough to see the pictures.

Ad2: I do not see any kind of necessity to give that topic too much importance.

Keep in mind: we are not talking about some kind of device that can cure cancer or anything similar - this is just a flashlight. And while in any kind of production that man controls errors can happen, this can also happen here. And as always: there will be a solution - in one way or the other. I am far too long in production planning that I would still believe in “zero fault politics” - this is just an idea of some morons that know nothing about real life.

Conclusion:

- there are versions that do not reach 7.500 lm by far - a fact

- there will be a solution for changing this - hopefully

• these version have been purchased outside the Groubuy - a fact

Also Dale - from my personal point of view - shall not be too shocked. Again: shit happens! None of us will ever be save - but as long as it is something as important as a new flashlight, I am a very happy man.

Regarding the PM you sent me, I am still searching the forum software where to find it…

Ciao - Peter

I think you may have taken me wrong.. I did not mean that in a demanding way... It is more that without actually showing it no matter how well we can see it ourselves... I can normally tell about a 2k lumen difference myself also but saying it without showing it and also without adding all of the reasons that that light had a far under powered driver in it and never should have. Well that kind of takes a really big chance of someone changing their mind about a possible purchase and in reality the driver should have never been in that light. I have measured it and I know for sure just how far under 7500 or even 7000 lumen it is but I also know why.

See I am not a multi millionaire that can afford to loose sales because someone for some still unknown reason allowed that light to leave the factory with that driver in it. I also know for sure that it was corrected before anyone reported that they had a light that seemed a little under powered., and that all of the same model lights shipped out from the group buy do all have the correct driver in them and there is no other issue. Well unless that dealer does not do the right thing, and as I said if he does not and I have a driver in my shipment I will replace the driver.

Think about how many sales that may have cost (maybe none at all) or how many it could have possibly cost my company. Retail is $135.00, if it lost just 10 customers that is $1350.00 in overall sales. Of course not nearly all of that is profit. But why take the chance with someones means of earning a living.

Now if it were a total hunk of junk and we from Haikelite were just flat out lying about all of it, that is a bit different. But I have been completely open and honest about those drivers. I honestly do not know how they ended up in any lights to be sold, I am sure Dale will figure that part out. But truthfully the correct driver will most likely make all of these posts completely necessary. And all of this could have cost a lot of people a lot of money for no reason at all....

I see no problem in it, Terry - I showed it on the photos and the measurements are similar to the ones you already made and stated by yourself. So we do not talk about some 2k - we talk about nearly 4k.

That’s not my target.

What I do is looking for good flashlights - that’s why I do beamshots. Because at the end I just use them - and I really *USE *them.

And that’s also why I allow myself to say if something does not fit - and while I did this with the DT35, I do it with the MT09R XHP35. By the way, am I the only one that thinks it was a dump idea to use one name for two lights so deeply different?

Based on this I repeat: Terry, relax.

It’s better to talk about a problem of a handful of lights - when it alarms the manufacturer then everything is perfect. At the end it would not help you to have tons of those lights in your stock and nobody wants them.

We believe in you and your efforts.

Terry, I am in sales for nearly 30 years (yes, I was shocked, too), and I can tell you:

It’s better to have a handful of satisfied customers instead of having hundreds that are unhappy. If these posts awakens somebody at HAIKELITE you do not have to thank me.

All the best - Peter

\

Normally I would totally agree with you but, just 2 things...

First All of China is on Holiday so none of the will even see this until possibly the last couple of days of the month.

Second is that projected sales were through the roof. I only have 2 MT09R 20.2's left out of 20 a week ago. All total I have 2 more of the 70.2 version on the way and 40 total 35 high..

But it's cool, once the 35 High arrives and I begin my blanket campaign those may last a week...

Almost forgot.. The 2k lumen I mentioned was referring to being able to see about a 2k lumen difference in any given light and had nothing at all to do with how many one or the other was....

LOL this kind of lets me know someone is perhaps not reading the entire post before replying...

I don’t think Terry has anything against your beam shot comparisons. In fact, I think the entire flashlight community appreciates your effort and I definitely do. Those are some of the most useful information we get from browsing these forums. I think Terry’s concern is since your XHP35 unit is supposedly running on prototype driver that produces half the lumens as the production units and the way you worded it in your posts might mislead some potential buyers to think the production units being sold now would perform the same as the one you tested and that Haikelite is false advertising their products. Terry has been very upfront and honest throughout from my observation here and I believe the same for Haikelite, which is really trying to build up their brand image by coming out with stellar products at an affordable price. I haven’t owned an Haikelite product yet but have a few coming and very excited to play with them.

Thus far ALL of the delivered samples of XHP35 version are <4000 lumens, as far as we know. I believe there are only 3 we know of. Given that only 5 were purportedly released with improper drivers, and my limited knowledge of statistics/probability, it seems unlikely to me that “5 improper drivers” would account for all 3 delivered lights we know of being faulty. I suspect there’s another issue at play, perhaps as simple as the number of improper drivers released was much larger than thought? Either way, I’m concerned about the product we’ll receive. I’m not trying to stir a hornet’s nest - I hope my suspicions are unfounded in reality - but given the information we have I think it’s quite reasonable that people would be concerned.

You are right…but i also think everything has already been said regarding the topic “demo units”. Now we should give Haikelite its chance to correct this mistake. As far as we know this has already been done, since new lights are on their way. Now we just have to keep waiting for a few more days until Terry or someone else gets their hands on a proper unit and can post some beamshots with the real driver. :slight_smile:

[quote=arficus]
Thus far ALL of the delivered samples of XHP35 version are <4000 lumens, as far as we know. I believe there are only 3 we know of. Given that only 5 were purportedly released with improper drivers, and my limited knowledge of statistics/probability, it seems unlikely to me that “5 improper drivers” would account for all 3 delivered lights we know of being faulty. I suspect there’s another issue at play, perhaps as simple as the number of improper drivers released was much larger than thought? Either way, I’m concerned about the product we’ll receive. I’m not trying to stir a hornet’s nest - I hope my suspicions are unfounded in reality - but given the information we have I think it’s quite reasonable that people would be concerned.[

What i know is that none of those underpowered lights are shipped for us in the group buy, not according to Terry atleast. Its weird how they ended up in Germany and not being up to spec i think just a simple mistake at the factory before shipping out otherwise it would look really bad if we get a light that barely reaches 4000lumens not good at all but hopefully like i said the lights we will recive will indeed push the lumens closer to what Haikelite writes. I hope when people starting to get that we will see some real lumen tests outputs by those that can do that kind of tests then we will know for sure.