Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

My tracking finally changed, woo hoo, its moving!

mine too!

20-02-2018 12:41 The item is on transport to the country of destination

looks like it is going to be handed off to USPS??

Or does DHL pick up?

Not sure. I ordered some light from china, some are shipped from NL and USPS do the delivery…

USPS has my tracking number saying they are waiting on the package. Hopefully NOT on the SLOW boat!

try this one…mine shows joplin missouri…odd

probably just reacting to bad or incomplete info

https://www.packagemapping.com/

Mine is being delivered by USPS.

once it hits the USA, it could move pretty fast…unless they have to mess around with customs or something…or otherwise inspect it

It was a little later than I promised because I also had to meet with them about some of my shipping needs to Canada. All the carriers are just nuts expensive but, USPS is better so far by a lot than anyone else for U.S. and Canadian shipping. I had to go over some of the customs paperwork with them so it was about 2 hours later that I promised but I got it out to you.

I actually think I may have shipped it 2 day lol. I was in a hurry...

I can't say for everyone or everywhere but I if I have something coming by DHL from China it is actually DHL that brings it to my house or warehouse.. :LOL I always used to think they would hand it off to USPS or another carrier and in some cases they may do that but in almost 5 years now of importing from China they actually bring it the while distance themselves.

No possible way I could tell anyone how it may be in the area you may live in.

I get the same.

17track says preparing, postnl says in transit, usps say in transit to them.

If enter the tracking into USPS…says waiting for parcel…

DHL doesnt return a valid tracking…

but yes…from china…the DHL truck or some local parcel service (after a DHL drop off to them) delivers it

coming from amsterdam PostNL…

In my area of USA DHL used to deliver package several days quicker than USPS. Course that was on the west coast, near a major port…

How annoying. I bought a dozen 18650s and it looks like they won’t fit. They are 30Q pinkies but I think they aren’t buttontops, meaning they can’t contact the positive points. Bummer. I got these high power ones just for these babies…

Ah, good idea. I’ll try it out on the weekend, when I have time. Trust these lights to arrive just as work gets busy…

didnt u buy the sony flat tops that were offered along with the light?

just becareful not to put too much heat on the battery else ….KaBOOM :disguised_face:

Ok, folks, I promised to keep you updated.

As written before, ulf1m sent me his two MT09R for a comparison - another time “Thank You!”. They arrived just a couple of hours ago and I gave them some time to reach their temperature - actually we have something around –2°C.

Obvious points:

- we have different colours - so no problem with mixing something up

- his 70 has the identical lot number like mine - as you know, the “SN” is not a serial, but a lot number

• his 35 has a *different *lot number - so let’s hope the best…

I checked the values with different batteries - I found out that the MT09R is a lady and has a very special taste. I got the best results with LG HG2, others in the TLF use the VTC6. By the way let me use this for two points:

- even though the “battery protection” in the MT09R does not exist, I do not recommend protected batteries, because the tension on the springs is very high when you really want to close the cap…

• in the TLF we have some indications that seem to show a slightly higher output with not completely charged batteries - don’t ask me why, but I thing I remember something similar in the MT03…

To keep it short, these are the results:

- my 70: 12.910 lm

• his 70: 13.760 lm

- my 35: 3.400 lm

• his 35: 4.570 lm

Conclusion:

- I can not indcate the color temperature - his 70 seem to be slightly warmer than mine.

- the batteries had also impact on my results - they are slightly higher than with the first test

- the 35 of ulf1m is still miles away from specification - even though it is more than 30% stronger than mine, it is still 40% below the spex that were used for sellling it

• ulf1m’s 35 temperature rises even faster than in mine

I will try to do some beamshots tonight - maybe I can make the difference visible.

The 35 and 70 from member ulf1m are from the group buy?

Yes - the 35 is blue, the 70 somehow beige.

They are both from the GB.

dissapointed a bit if the xhp35 version doesnt even reach 5000 lumens… how is that possible arent we supposed to get near 7000lumens ?