Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

Ugh, wrote a long follow up to my earlier report - feeling much better about the light after some testing and use! And discovered some flaws in my tryout protocols- but it disappeared when I hit “save”.

Too tired to retype on my kindle (thumb cramps!), will do tomorrow.

Update regarding the SN:

- XHP35:

—> ending 21 - cw, less than 50%, measured by CB, delivered to retail Germany
—> ending 28 - cw, not much more than 50%, measured using ULLBRICHT sphere, Groupbuy

- XHP70.2:

—> ending 21 - cw, 20% below, measured using ULLBRICHT sphere, delivered to retail Germany
—> ending 21 - nw, 20% below, measured using ULLBRICHT sphere, Groupbuy
—> ending 24 - nw, not measured, Groupbuy
—> ending 28 - cw, not measured, Groupbuy
—> ending 28 - nw, not measured, Groupbuy
—> ending 28 - ww, not measured, Groupbuy

@saypat:

At the end the number of lumen does also depend on the internal electronics - and if the nw gets more power, the light is brighter. Actually the THRUNITE TC20 also has more lumen in the nw than in the cw.

@SKV89:

Regarding the batteries: as written, the MT09R is very “special” regarding the used battery-type, so Modden tested the flashlights with several different battery sets and used the highest values.

Yes Samsung 30Q @ 4,19X Volt.

Yes it is... he has not logged in as most of that time concerns the Chinese Holiday.

But yes that is the correct email.

I spoke to him early Saturday morning and he has been checking his email. A couple of smaller issues that he has already addressed.

Please let me know if you are unable to get in contact with him..

that sucks :frowning: wrong type of emitter isnt fun…. dunno what to do Pm dale here and see what he says? i would be so pissed if i get wrong type of emitter…. was the color of the body even correct ?

the more i read here the more insecure and sad i get, people writing how it performs really sub par that 7500 lumens, people getting wrong type of emitter etc… doesnt sound like the most successfull groupbuy to me :confused:

but the interesting part will be when someone will measure correct both lights with different batch number then that german retailer for comparison…

Thanks for the kind words but I can't take credit for coming up with the idea it was actually a thread posted some years back right here on BLF.

And to answer your question I've tested it's accuracy to within + or - about 5 percent.

I have 3 all total and have 2 constructed from dry ice containers which work very well also.

The trick to any of them is documented lights well known for being correct in their factory claimed output levels. That's where you get your multiplier. The other thing is to document every light tested using it. That particular tube has over 100 documented lights that give me my 4.3 multiplier.

And my favorite part is the testing with nothing but the meter and 5 to 10 meter distance and calculations that will give you total candela as well as est throw distance.

When all of calculation come together and give the same conclusion it again helps keep it extremely accurate.

I will look for the post that I got the design from and get is posted if you would like to build yourself one.

JasonWW had already posted it.. lol Thanks very much.

Here is a thread from Texas_Ace. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/43380

Don't worry my friend we will not... In fact we will not go through all of this on any future group by organized by myself.

This is actually why you see less and less factory authorized group buys.

We try to make sure to give back to the BLF community and offer nice prices on lights that a lot of the time are not even available to anyone else yet.

If all of these headaches are how manufacturers are thanked for trying to be generous... well it is pretty easy to figure out the rest.

And you are totally right I will stand behind any product purchased from my company.

Winston... I'm just curious...

Do you take part in this group buy at all? On other words did you place an order for one of the lights offered in this group buy?

Winston... I'm just curious...

Did you take part in this group buy at all? In other words did you place an order for one of the lights offered in this group buy?

[quote=Haikelite USA Official]

Sorry, didn’t get it. So 50% of promised Lumens or delivery of wrong emitter types are minor issues we shoudn`t talk about in order that the manufacturer doesn’t get a headache?

I’m just amazed. But since I didn’t take part in GB, I’m out…

Hi Terry,

to be honest with you, i think your misunderstanding the situation here. Haikelite is mostly responsible for what has gone wrong here.

1. They sent out lights with pre-production drivers, that were not properly marked as pre-production samples -> in the meantime the german dealer MSITC has lowered the specs officially on his page but is still selling the pre-production units. But now at least everyone know what hes buying
  2. We now have more and more measurements that the 35 version just does not deliver what has been promised. Way not. Of course im interested in your measurements too, but it wont be near 7000 lumens, im sure.

These problems were not caused by curious buyers like me and all the other guys here that will of course post measurements here. All of this intense discussion here would not have happened if those two mistakes above would not have been made.

I still like group buys and i would like to thank Haikelite for making this possible. But stuff like those GBs will only work if both sides work together. We as the early adopters/buyers need to trust Haikelite in the first placed to spend our hard earned cash for their products. But for this trust their products also need to deliver what has been promised. Why didnt they just advertise the product with 5000 lumens? No one would have cared if its 500 or 1000 lumens less, depending on the measurement system.

Haikelite did a lot of stuff right in this GroupBuy like the color and tint options, but they also made some mistakes in my opinion.

I think we really need a statement from Dale regarding this matter. I am also very interested in the measurement equipment Haikelite uses for their lights.

As I told you, I bought my own MT09R 70 & 35 from the german distributor, because I was too late for the group buy and at that moment also no member of the BLF. To be honest, due to possible problems like these here I prefer to buy at a local sales point.

The other two measured MT09R 70 (tan) & 35 (blue) are from the Groupbuy, bought by a german member of the forum.

I just came into that forum because others posted my photos from my thread in the TLF here in that thread and was asked to join.

this is why i bought one of the xhp35 lights for that reason…. so if write that u must ofc be near those lumens otherwise its not ok at all to promote them with x lumens if group buy units or final retail units are no way near that…. I will maybe get mine today, then i will compare myself just with my convoy l6, olight r50, emisar d4 and see with visual eye how it feels because if u go on spec sheets alone the mt09r should be alot brighter then my lights i have so far yet…

Hope things work out for people purchased MT09R XHP35.

So far im really happy with XHP70 version. It meet my expectation although i found some weird things about the driver but it doesn’t impact much.

Will try to post a review next week and i need time to play around more. :smiley:

LOL well you seem happy enough... Enjoy your light...

I’m still having an issue with MT09R. It flashes 3 times but won’t turn on using VTC6 and if I use the batteries with the MT09R I purchased from Terry’s store it works fine. Will try another set of VTC6

Yes I actually noticed that which is why I asked the question.

Would you do me a favor please. As you have had no part at all in this group buy. Start yourself a thread and you can just have yourself a grand time bashing everything that either I or the Haikelite company states or says.

As for now you are really more of a disruption to a thread that I started in order to give members a chance to get a decent price on a couple of very good lights. While I am sorry that you did not join in time to be able to take part in the group buy the fact remains that you have nothing at all to do with anything in this thread,

These are customers that all made purchases during this group buy and I do my very best to answer all of their questions and address any of their concerns your constant disruptions debating and forcing your opinion on customers that are both my own and those of Haikelite Original make doing my job much harder than it already is in a group buy of this size.

So please kindly make yourself a thread and say and do or debate whatever you like about any light you choose to. But this is my thread and I would really rather the customers of this thread not have to be exposed to the disruptions that you are constantly causing,

The customer that you speak of that did have a part in this group buy is more than welcome to post any problems or issues that they have and or contact me or Haikelite Original and we will see to it that that persons problems or issues are addressed right away. I feel pretty sure that you may ask any person that did take part in this group buy that any of them that have brought any problem to my attention I responded to that problem right away and as far as I know those problems or issues have been taken care of.

Thank you very much and I look forward to reading the posts in your thread about your findings and how those findings came to be.

Terry L White

Haikelite Original U.S.A. and Canada

Did you contact Dale. If not you can reach him at Haikelite@yeah.net

After you email him please follow with me so that I can be sure that he did get your email. I also will need to follow up with him just in case he asks me to service the light.

The only other 2 cases I am aware of, once they emailed Dale he took care of the problem himself.

Just keep me informed please.

you can always email me at hesaidshesaidsales@charter.net

I haven’t sent an email to Dale yet. I want to try another set of batteries first.
Thanks Terry