Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

correct he sells only to us/canada. but u have a dealer in germany already that sells haikelite ?

I can ship the drivers internationally if anyone needs them, the shipping cost will just be higher naturally.

I just got a notice that the V2 PCB’s are finished and shipped out today. I paid for express shipping (well, I guess Haikelite did really lol) so they should be in next week.

charging unit. I am translating the specifications.

:+1:

thats a very nice looking charger, looks almost as a flashlight :smiley:

I asume its only in black color ? would be fun have that in a matching green :smiley:

Wow that is a really creative and BEAUTIFUL charger!

Charger looks awesome. Can’t wait to get it and start testing. Been wanting something exactly like this for a while.

Specifications:

Support QC2.0 Fast charging 9V ; Can work with MT03 / MT07 / MT07S / MT09R

1.Single click to turn on output for USB to charge mobil phone/ipad
Fast charging— 5V 2A; Click again to shut down USB output

2.Double click to turn on/off Camping light. Long press to switch 4 modes , Camping light > White light SOS > Red light> Red light SOS

3. Support input and output at the same time. Camping light can be turn on when charging.

4. With battery power indicator

We will arrange the charging unit in the group buy asap.

So it’s one unit that supports both 2S2P and 4S1P lights? And will there be other colours as well? It looks awesome! Thanks!

Looks very nice indeed, I would love to get a look at the guts of it but looks well made and I know they tested it quite thoroughly.

Looks really great! Congrats?!
For those of us have already paid for one through your group buy, any idea when we might expect it to arrive?

In my opinion better option will be a few constant mode with diference brightnes than SOS mode

Thanks for the info but those batteries are very hard to get over here and I've pretty much quit ordering Li-ions direct from China, too many fakes and problems in the past. I have a 4 MOSFET Acebeam 26650 in my EC50II and they only claim that one is good for 12A, which seems reasonable, but I was afraid Acebeam might have gone all UltraFire on us by claiming 20A capability for four MOSFETS on a tiny 18650 protection board.

I haven't got around to checking the actual current draw and driver based low-voltage protection on my original GB 4 serial XHP35 MT09R yet, so I'll probably just wait until the TA drivers are available as it sounds like they will address my concerns about using unprotected batteries in a specific circumstance.

If your concerns are that the light will pull too much current from the cells. In the xhp35 light you will be fine. With the stock xhp70.2 version it will be close to tripping protection in turbo but should be ok. Worst case simple don’t use turbo and stick to the top of the ramp mode, that should keep you under the max current for sure.

My GB XHP35 MT09R has failed to turn on on about three occasions. After removing and checking the batteries and putting them back in everything was OK each time, and the problem has not happened again for about the last two weeks. I decided to inspect the light more thoroughly today to see if I could find anything amiss.

One of the little black plastic cup shaped thingies that surround the positive battery terminals at the front of the battery tube to provide mechanical reverse polarity protection is missing. The donut shaped piece of adhesive that used to hold it in place is still there on the front terminal board.

So here's what I think happened; the plastic piece came loose and was floating around inside the battery tube. Sometimes when I put batteries in the light after charging them the piece got in the way of one of the terminals and the light wouldn't work. In taking the batteries out and checking them, I missed seeing something wrong at the dark bottom of the battery tube (yeah I know, I should have used a flashlight, if I could have found one). The batteries sometimes went in without the loose plastic piece getting in the way of and covering up a terminal, in which case the light worked fine. Apparently about two weeks ago the plastic piece fell out while doing a battery change/charge, so there have been no problems since then as it's not needed for normal operation with correctly inserted batteries.

I've wasted way too much time already looking for the missing piece, so will probably ask for one to be sent along with the updated driver, once we get to that point. Weird!

Questions for Dale or Terry:

• Can you tell us when the 8-cell extension tubes might be available?
  • and what colours they’ll come in?
  • and what the total length of the MT09R will be (both 70.2 and 35HI) with the extension tube?

If the extension tubes don’t come in the custom Group Buy colours, can you post 2 photos of each custom-color light, one with a silver tube and one with a black tube?

Black and white only, unless there was a change in plans.

I just sent Dale a Skype message asking for details and availability dates for the extension tube. As well as samples for both it and the charging unit in my next shipment.

Almost forgot until I can get a shipment of the Sony cells. Currently the Haikelite warehouse is out of stock.

I have noticed that Mtn Electronics has button top 30q's in stock.

Allow me the question:

So the additional “device” that can be screwed on top of the batterie tube creates a Power Bank - but you can not charge the MT09R or any other HAIKELITE with this device?