Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

I thought they said they are gonna send a free driver for those that want? charger i dont know… a few days ago Dale said prepares shipping…

Ok then I’ll wait for the shipping

I certainly dont want to be disadvantage as I paid the same amount as other people and the new TA driver performs much better than original driver. Also I’m about worry about thermal protect not functioning :-x

I sent the designs to HL on Monday. They are going to produce some samples to make sure everything works on a larger scale, these are supposed to be done next week. If those check out then they will start bulk production soon after that.

As I estimated earlier, I expect 4-6 weeks until they are in peoples hands but I would love to be wrong.

Also, I can send the drivers via first class mail internationally. The cost is usually around $5-$8 for shipping.

Hi guys,

Has anyone got the chargers yet? I ordered one for each of the two MT09R flashlights all fully paid for. Got the flashlights, though one has an intermittent fault I can’t trace yet, but no sign of the chargers.

Read the three posts above yours

I just got in about 6 lights to mod today, have not opened them up yet to see who they are from but will start work on them tonight or in the morning.

You are correct... As soon as Haikelite begins production of TA's design they will ship anyone who asks for it one of the newly designed drivers. I can tell you from experience that you are looking at about 4 week at the very least before that is completed. Please do not get upset at me as I have no control at all over how much time they spend debating costs and sourcing parts for the driver manufacturer to begin production. And of course they will test them before any of that happens... (I will keep my personal comments about that to myself but I think you can imagine what I would have to say about testing TA's design verses lack of in their own)

Also the last I was told the charging units should be shipping. I was told that a week ago. You guys are not alone in the waiting game. I myself am still waiting for 100 SC26 units from that group buy as well as some other units I ordered at customers requests. That was 4 weeks ago...

haikelite@yeah.net is where you should send the email requesting one of the new drivers as well as ask about tracking information for your charging units.

I wish I could be of more help but I still have not received my samples of the charging unit, the extended battery tube.

Let the modding begin. Just finished the first mod. An XHP35 HI light for JMM244.

He chose some C4 bin 80CRI XHP35 HI LED’s and I have to say, he chose right!

I love them, they have a fantastic tint and good output as well.

I am getting ~6300 lumens which confirms my suspensions that the stock LED’s are about C4 bin since they get about the same lumens but with worse tint and lower CRI.

Pretty much positive I will be modding my own XHP35 light with either these LED’s or the HD version of them.

Hmm, who is next……

So turns out Haikelite actually used some pretty decent emitter bins. I was actually hoping they used lower bins so we can see bigger improvements from your mods.

Hey guys... I still have a couple of MT07S lights left at a stupid low price. 1 with a CW emitter and 1 with a NW emitter. https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhaikelite-mto7s-702-version

I also still have some SC02's marked way down.

And 1 MT09R 35 high. If you would like to purchase this one contact me directly at hesaidshesaidsales@charter.net or send me a PM as I will not advertise the price so it does not show in my stores inventory. I have removed the capacitor that was causing most of the flickering issues so it works great. Or of course you can have it shipped directly to TA and have him sell and install one of his new drivers and maybe an emitter upgrade if you want it.

I forgot to mention that the MT07S units I have in stock are the last and best version and I have tested them both and output is easily 5000 lumen.

Well, depends what your definition of decent is. C4 is 3 bins below top bin E2 emitters, so around 21% lower then they could be. AKA, if they were E2 bin they should be making ~7500 lumens.

In this case C4 bin is the highest you can get with 80CRI and 4500k, the tint improvement was well worth it.

After playing it it outside some I think I will go with the HD versions myself, after playing with the GT thrower has a completely different meaning. lol

Me next

Ok, I got one last light done tonight. This one is Shirnask’s XHP70.2 light.

First I did some testing with the stock LED’s to see exactly what they would do with this driver swapped in. With just the driver swap and no bypasses or anything else I was getting around 17-18k lumens, although the driver spring must be bypassed or it will melt.

He wanted a copy of mine so that is what he got. Swapped in the 4000k 80cri, TA driver, Spring bypasses all around (I took for granted how many springs are in these lights lol).

The results are exactly like mine, ~23k lumens and a much improved tint. I tried this light side by side with mine before modding and there is no comparison in which one looks better outside.

The stock CW emitters (I think they are CW) wash everything out and take all the life out of what you are looking at.

The 4000k 80CRI bring all that life back and makes everything look rich and vibrant.

The factory set thermal settings were a bit high but that is expected since the temp sensor has a ~15c tolerance window. I recalibrate it back to 55c in about 2 minutes.

I have 3 more lights waiting here for tomorrow, looks like they are all xhp70 lights.

I also did a little more tweaking to the ramp to make it more universal among different emitter setups.

LOL, yes, I have your lights here as well. I am just pulling them in the order the boxes are stacked, so I guess we will see tomorrow who’s box is on top.

Just wondering if the charger is ready to ship.

No lol me next... Mine are just drivers... 2 for my personal lights 1 for a customer and 1 for at least 1 35 high I have left...

I think I may have at least 1 other 35 high I just have to remember where I put it...LOL

Terry should be next. I can wait lol

lol, I am hoping to get them all done tomorrow, I have tomorrow off.

I actually need to do a few more lights before I send the drivers alone to make sure that the firmware works in various setups and LED’s so no one has an issue. If all goes well I should be able to get that finished tomorrow and ship them all out on Friday.

Only kidding... Mine are only drivers... so mine will be simple when he has everything dialed in...