Closed the sale - The Defiant "C" flashlight.

I calculated peak beam intensity in candela from your readings and got the same numbers as scaru (90500, 106000, 56000,50800). Not sure why there’s such a big difference… something ain’t right.

That’s fine but the actual ANSI/NEMA FL1 standard will allow the TN31 for example to be tested at 2m. And my readings confirm it’s viable. So we have the standard and measurements versus opinion. I’m not saying distances greater than 2m shouldn’t be used because I do test at multiple distances myself for confirmation, I’m just challenging the conventional wisdom here that only greater distances will give accurate readings.

Well, I think I have let this "sales thread" go to hell completely, so I will let this thread die and maybe try again.. or not.

I think the meter is a piece of crap. I am still fighting the seller over it. I opened a case with ebay, so at least I will get the auction money back.

I'm done, y'all fight it out if you want, but this thread is toast and I started the problem. Live and learn.