Closed!!!

You think the public is only buying AA, AAA, and 9 volt batteries now?

I ordered one in yellow from Amazon with the discount code. Came out to $31.04 including shipping and no tax :)

BTW, I wont be using regular D cells. I'll be using 2 x Eneloop D Cell adaptors for now. I have 3 X adaptors on order

I posted my review. This is a handy little lantern!

I got tired of buying D cells for the minnow bucket aerator. I found some of those 3x AA to D size holder/adapter deals off amazon. I was expecting really cheap flimsy plastic, but they're really solid. Haven't had a chance to test them out, but at ~6000mAh with reg eneloops it should be worth not having to buy D's again.

I agree. I hate Alkaline Batteries because they always end up leaking if not used regularly. I have over 100 AA Eneloops so runtime isn't that important to me. BTW, I bought this for emergency use only.

I will test the runtime with my 2X Eneloop D adaptor when I get the Lantern. My 3X adaptors are coming from China which may take 30 days to get here. Then I'll do another test.

I have all of the adapters, including 3aa to D, but I wanted the Tenergy Centura NiMH D Size 8000mAh Low Self Discharge Rechargeable Batteries.

I bought them back when ‘netprince’ posted this sale.

I checked my tracking on Friday, and it said they tried to deliver last Monday (May 4), but the “business” was closed. Except I have a house, and normally someone is home. No notice was left. So I guess I’ll call the post office on Monday and see what happened. Normally they leave it on my porch if it doesn’t fit in the mail box.

I do have some D cells. But I will probably use a single 14500 in a D cell adapter and jumper it for testing

I know I don’t buy C or D cells anymore and don’t own anything that takes them.

I’m always surprised when I see a product being sold today that is designed to use those cells.

I’m interested in this lantern but not with D cells. Change it to AA or 18650 and I would buy one.

I was able to run mine on 2AA to D adapters, like these here. I am sure the run time would be less but it will work.

I've had bad luck with leaking Alkaline's in the past. This is why I'll be using mine with Eneloops.

Yea I had a few old Mag Lights get destroyed by a few leaky D batteries. I haven't had any of those Energizer Lithium AA leak yet. They might be a good option if someone wanted to store anything with batteries in it.

Granted they are rather expensive.

I will be submitting a review on Amazon in the next couple days.

I am checking the light out with an old, old set of NiCd D cells (Eveready) and an older set of NiMh (Powerizer) D cells.

It works with both.

The light will make a good picnic table light while camping, either setting on the table, or suspended over it.

Our earthquake kit has alkalines for “use all night after the big quake” service — every few years we go through and give the neighborhood kids the older cells so they can burn them up in their toys.
We also have rechargeables — figuring once the dust settles those will be used, and charged, and used over and over til the AC power is restored.

But I want alkalines for search and rescue the first 12-24 hours after the big quake; NiMH low self discharge cells are going to run down too fast in emergency use compared to fresh-enough alkalines.

I’d never keep alkalines in anything that I didn’t want ruined by eventual corrosion.

Alkaline cells should go the way of the buggy whip and VHS tape. They were useful in the past but their usefulness has ended.

The rest of the world is buying plenty of D cells and C cells. You don’t go into stores anymore and see the batteries and flashlights?

I have just about every adapter there is except for the C to D adapter, which I’m looking for, and of course I have almost all of the rechargeables, and will be ordering some C rechargeable Tenergy batteries soon.

I also like the idea of keeping some alkalines, and adding to them every 7 years or so, for one thing thing, for burning through them at the beginning of an emergency like you mention, but also as back up/extras, and primarily for giving out to other people, along with my loaner lights, I absolutely do not want to loan out my rechargeables.

The last black out that we had here I checked on a few people, and some weren’t prepared at all, one 80 year old woman who lived alone was sitting in the dark, with nothing, no candles, no flashlight, no lantern, no anything, others had the old style flashlight with old batteries in it, in other words about an hours worth of light if they didn’t break the flashlight bulb.

I got mine today. I haven't tested it in the dark yet, but I have to say it's fairly bright, and the tint is perfect. Also the build quality is excellent.

I have to say that this lantern looks interesting, and I’m considering buying one. The one thing I would have liked to see is somewhat higher output. But 300 lumens is certainly not bad at all - especially if it can do this for hours on end. I also like the idea of a neutral/warm tint as opposed to the angry blue output of another LED lantern I own. As far as D cells, I don’t have an issue with them. I have plenty of NiMH Tenergy Premiums and Centuras that I can use for something like this.

As for using this light with Li-Ion batteries, probably the easiest way to go about this would be to use a 5000mAH Feilong 32600 and two dummy cells. This would give you a virtually exact voltage match compared to three D cells. And, at 5000mAH, runtime would be pretty good. Finally, it would be easier to charge than three D cells - particularly in the wilderness.

I posted a review on Amazon.

Any links to thee reviews? How come they are not being posted here in this thread? :quest: