Closed!!!

After using mine last night, I give it a thumb's up. One thing I forgot to mention, it's a lot smaller than the typical Lantern at 7.5".

Thank you.

I got one under consideration also, so I posted a review on Amazon. It is very well built. The design looks a little like a cheap Chinese light, but it seems like it will last longer. The handle on the top already lost a circlip on one side, but that’s no big deal. To me, it still seems a bit on the expensive side at $36.

Got mine late, starting into testing (family camping off and on next few weeks)
Using 3x NiMH (The old blue Tenergy D rechargeables)

First oddity — the Morse Code signal it blinks is SO SO SO, not SOS SOS

NOTE, I’ve never seen a flashlight driver that got the timing/spacing correct, for the record
“SOS” is one of the “prosigns” meant to be sent as a continuous sequence without letter spacing
I presume there should still be a “word space” between each “SOS” to make that a distinct prosign recognizable as nothing else.
http://morsecode.scphillips.com/morse2.html

Runs more than overnight; on its third cycle through now.
Does drain the cells (below any indication on a ZTS tester, haven’t checked the voltage, will do that eventually)

Steps down (button LED goes from green to red) when the battery voltage drops below something I have yet to measure
Then the LEDs dim further.

When the battery is below that threshold and the switch is off
— switch on gets green LED changing immediately to red, and bright-to-dim illumination
— another click changes the illumination level to low and then the illumination brightens slightly, I guess the driver’s trying to bring it up to the set “low” level

I know, the temptation to crack it open and see what’s inside is intense.
I”m restraining that for now.