[Closed]

A quick example :

Using measured data from 5000K wurkkos FC11 (a pretty bad tint), 4000K and 2700K from Sofirn and 5700K from convoy (a relatively good tint : Q1 bin), all with beaded TIR lens at 1A, which doesn’t give result too different from the IF25 optics.

4000K isn’t useful, I’d say 5700K to 2700K is best, 6000K could even be used. My CIE diagram doesn’t show lower CCTs sorry, but it goes to a maximum of –0.0110 duv around 1300K, which personally I would find perfectly good at these very warm temp.

So three colours might be good enough, one of them would be doubled, which I dont think would be an issue, the driver would be greatly simplified with 3 channels instead of 4.

Magnetic tail cap would be helpful for tipping issues if we didn’t want to use the supplied plastic base.

Simple UI is good idea, however I would like to see smooth tint ramping and light intensity ramping, candle mode with timer shut off, option to turn switch light on/dim/off, saves memory from last setting, and lock-out mode.

I'm in for 3 of them, I really like the 26650 support.

Interested!

Highly highly interested!

Anduril version of this?

A removable magnet in the base would be best I think. I’d also like to see a tripod mount like the LT1 has. Don’t know how you’d fit both, but it’d be nice. The diffuser looks big. If it can be made out of a flexible material like the one that comes with the Tool AA or something it might be fine, but that much volume taken up by hard plastic is harder to stomach. Looks like the optics are standard Carclo-style TIRs? That’s a good idea; it’ll let it be usable as a flashlight as well.

i’m in for this.

some ideas:
If we double down on the tripod mount the magnet could have a tripod thread so its screwable into the bottom.
Another use of the tripod hole could be a screwable lanyard hole, this way you can hang it perfectly upside down as well.

Since the light uses TIR it might be a cool idea to have the ability to change the lenses if sofirn is willing to sell the lenses separatly on their site.
Bonus points if the lenses are able to be changed individually so you could for example have a 10degree neutral white and a 60degree warm white.

somewhere above (still finding out how to quote) it was said that wurkkos wanted to have a accesible ui that also accomidates non flashaholics, maby its a possibility that the UI has a sort of simple/advanced mode, simple being enabled by default. sort of like a muggle mode, but not per se with a lumen decrease, however you could maby add a simple+decreased mode as a third option.

For charging, is it possible to make use of the quick charge 3.0 protocol?
That might be able to keep up better with the power drain of the led’s wich is beneficial seeing as lanterns are usually on for a long period.

also is there a ballpark of what the cost will be?

-made a account just to reply to this thread, let me know if i’m doing something wrong.

I missed this thread somehow…
Have you considered a flat white conical mirror at the top to redirect the beam sideways and down instead of a lens?
I think it would be better because even with a lens you’ll have the lantern shining mostly up, which seems the opposite of the ideal IMHO.

Why is the thread named [closed]?