Cofly KX-A036 flashlight, impression and teardown (+mod now)

Dj thanks for the tips, I understand what you mean now. I’ve fitted the driver nice and snug.

I re-soldered the original wires properly to clean up the poor job they did. Took the advise from some of the forum members and you to keep the wires stock since they don’t play much of a bottleneck in power anyways.

I re-lubed the threads with some superlube grease and oiled the o-rings. Degreased the zoom o-ring, so that the zoom is more stiff than loose.

Put in my Panasonic 18650s, and wowieeee, one of my favorite lights! Thanks for the suggestion to buy this light, it was totally worth $13 shipped from DX!

> file it down to almost flat on that side.

Or tap it with a hammer on an anvil and flatten it out where it will slip between driver and pill
(hammering makes copper work harden (become a bit brittle); gently heating it will remove that work hardening)

I hadn’t thought of soldering the wire on both sides of the driver, d’oh. Very good idea.

I’m thinking maybe some DeOxIt or similar corrosion prevention cleaner might keep the connection good longer in there as well.