Compact AA EDC?

Lumintop EDC15.
Definitely compact and modable too.
I have one coming.
If it’s as good as their EDC01 i’ll be very happy.

A small sample. I’ve modded 4x sp10 pros and 4x sc21 pro. None have been too bad. They often require basic tools to open but the thread lock was not super tough.

Excellent suggestion

Very good little EDC. Flood only, super easy to mod (mine now have a 219c), cheap, very small.

I recently got a blue one, and a black one a few months ago, both of them opened up just fine.

Sofirn’s glue is just to keep the casual idiot out. Determined idiots like us shouldn’t have any trouble.

Run it for a bit to get the head hot, then turn it by hand. It’ll probably open right up.

My blue one has a 4500k 519A, and the black one has an FA3 4000k SST-20.

I have quite a bunch of various TIR optics to try if it’t too floody.
But even sanding the pebbles down and polishing it is possible for more throw or keep it ’sandblasted’for smoothness.
Yeah, i’ll probably put a 219C in it too, or perhaps an E21.

Pick up a few to play with from Digikey or somewhere that has the good bins available. “dogfarts” was the running joke a few years ago and that bin was very nice. Hard to get the bin info but it sure seems that many being sold in lights from several manufacturers are just poor bin choices. That said, I don’t know if perhaps covid/supply issues created a situation where maybe the good bins weren’t or still aren’t available, but at one time we sure had some nice LH351D with great output, lower Vf, and clean tints.