Contest Light - 3rd place prize light -- Super Shocker: the king of multi-emitter throwers (I think?)

really u wish? thats good to know! and i thought i would be bothersome if i asked if i could ever send it back to you for additional upgrade to dedome.
nice that your skills have improved and gotten better since the early super shocker days, but not sure if the additional tweaks are worth the shipping to and back.
if i ever decide to go with the dedomed route, ill be sure to let you know.

keep up the great work!

Very nice detailed mod story, Great to read :slight_smile:

Anybody happen to have jotted down the overall outside dimensions on the Shocker's reflector?

I got a spare reflector sitting around. 91.54mm x 47.25mm outer dimensions. I assume you meant overall outer?

You just so happen to have a spare reflector kicking around? Wanna sell it?

It's beat up. When dremel'ing the backside, I slightly broke thru the front side at the edges around the LED hole. I don't think it's functionally doing much harm. Someone wanted just the Shocker body so I sold it - he wasn't interested in the reflector.

Yikes! Way too big. Back to the original plan...

OMG EPIC!

Sweet!

Funny, we extended the driver contact board in almost the same way! :)

I have to revisit my ("super") Shocker mod and short the resistors on the driver. Might give me a little bit extra peak output. ^^

Thanks.

I dunno what happened with those drivers. I did a bunch of these Super Shockers and didn't bridge the resistors. With this one, I needed to get the amps up - was low, and the bridging seemed to do the trick - actually got the best I ever got, but didn't always use 20 AWG wires between the contact and the driver and also from the driver to the LED's, was using 22.

OMG - I can't type after a bottle of wine - think I retyped every other word Innocent.

That is an awesome mod, very nice work.

wine wine wine :stuck_out_tongue:

:bigsmile: I finished third. :bigsmile: sending you a pm, Tom. Happy 4th.

The mad scientist is still going at it. LOL I still have mine Tom, and it’s still as impressive as ever. Keep pushing. :slight_smile:

You will be very happy with the Tom-E BTU. :slight_smile: i bought one last year, its a monster thrower !

Oh Wow! Congrats Scott! Smile It's all ready.

Hey Tom,
Beautiful light you have built! Your work is always top-notch. Every light you have built for me has the same attention to detail as this shocker, including the one I accidentally threw in the trash. Great work and a great guy to boot! Congratulations.

So jealous, I’d give my left nut for a TomE shocker!