Converting Home to LED

So i am wanting to convert my house to LED lighting and I have quite a few E27 bulbs that need replaced. What advice on wattage and color could those with more experience give me?

If I remember correctly, Texaspyro designed his home to be mostly LED from the ground up. I'd search for his thread, as I remember him discussing several different options.

Thank you, I will do that.

For places like the bathroom and kitchen, I would go for something around 4000k.
For the bedroom and living room, I would go for 2700k or 3000k where you want a nice warm glow.
It may surprise you how much an uplighter in a good position will cast light around the whole room which works really well in a living room.

I have a bedside lamp which is 2200k and I love the glow of it, a beatiful golden glow.

The problem really is all the cheap rubbish on sale. Are you just changing the bulb itself or the while light fitting?

What you don’t want to do is have a blazing white light in the living room or bedroom as you are getting tired.

I will be changing my light bulbs as i will be moving out of the house.

My house was actually built in 1918, but re-done around 15 years ago. The designer had a fixture fetish and it has over 300 light bulbs in and on it… all are now LED. I was replacing at least one halogen bulb a week. In the last three years I have had to replace maybe three LED bulbs (all covered by warranty). Energy savings have already paid off the bulbs.

Moral of the story… buy the best bulbs you can get from a reputable maker… no no-name Chinese crap. Use high-CRI bulbs in the kitchen… food looks and tastes crappy with poor bulbs. I use 3000K color temp bulbs everywhere but the garage… it has 4500K bulbs.

I have already done it. all my lighting is LED, even in the two apartments i rent out. ( all warm white & neutral white with wattages between 5W to 15W LED.

Converted 4 of my rooms to E27 to 3-18W LED from 2014 to 2015. I can see a bit of savings in electric bill at the end of the month. Totally worth it.

I have not change the rest as LED replacement for 32W ring CFL is still quite expensive.