Convoy C8 Cree XM-L T6-3C 2.8a $15.68 with BLF code!

How do you think it would compare to the XintD C8?

Well, the Convoy is a C8, classic C8, the XinTD is unique, one of a kind, quality from the outside in. The drivers are somewhat an even swap, but the XinTD has a unique designed reflector that screws into the sizable brass pill, AR coated lens, super quality finish, quality switch, heavily recommended here, etc. In the Convoy, I'm sure you will see a classic C8 aluminum pill, maybe a pressed in brass ring for the driver mounting. Without a decent review, you will gamble on the reflector, switch, overall quality and resulting brightness. Not saying it's not worth taking a chance with it, but there is risk there, and also definite overall quality differences.

+1

The XinTD SC-82 is no C8 essentially.

True, but is it worth twice as much?

im interested in knowing myself. i know the quality wont nearly be on par with the xintd but i just curious about the beam brightness etc.
but borstar, if you want a bright c8 thats a bit cheaper than the xintd, look at the kaidomain c8 or even the keygos ke-5

Here’s a second vote for the KD C8. It has a thick heavy host, well heat sinked and driven at 3A. My review: Review: KD C8 CREE XML T6 1000 Lumen 5-Mode LED Flashlight (1*18650) SKU: S009844

I had the generic KD C8 XM-L (gave it away) and still have an Ultrafire XR-E Q5 C8 (Ebay)... the build quality on the KD C8 was actually the worst out of the 3 C8-style lights (rattle problems on the pill reflector assembly). XinTD is still one of my most used lights besides the Jetbeam PA40 and it doesn't have to shy away from a comparison to the Jetbeam.... even if they are very different lights. I have the Convoy M2 on order from FT with 3C tint (which I like a lot on my XinTD) and a 2100 mAh driver (because of the smaller head with 32mm and increased runtime). The XinTD is one of the few lights that I can wholeheartedly recommend based on my own experience and roughly 20 battery charges. (it also replaced my main bike light) High PWM, nice 3C tint, perfect mode spacing, very nice threads... btw I never lubed them because I never felt it was necessary... so they are bone dry and still like day 1 and smooth, the pill+reflector assembly is still unmatched from a thermal standpoint. So essentially: Yes, it is worth twice the price because it feels it should cost 3 times as much.

On Fasttech you have linear 2,8A driver and 1B/3C tint.
On KD I received ugly, blue 0C tint :~

If your’re considering the Convoy C8 and XinTD C8 v3, also look at the newly introduced Supfire X5 which apparently rivals them both with a deeper aluminium reflector, copper piston switch, solid aluminium pill secured by a brass retaining ring and a couple of extra cooling fins. The total length looks like a quarter inch longer. There are no reviews yet but there’s a group buy ending Jan 24 offering each at $18.99 with free shipping :

The 2 I ordered shipped yesterday. I hope they are well driven… 3A.