Convoy C8+ Programming help..

You are neither the first, nor the last to be confused by the programming menu’s published for Convoy. I went through the same thing. Glad you found a solution. My go to after much trial and error is @PiercingTheDarkness ’s excellent text guide……

Convoy PDF

Bookmark it, and keep it for reference. After your first couple of Convoy 12 mode lights, the programming will be a breeze, and the reference guide will negate having to memorize the mode sequences. You’re gonna love that C8+.

…and just an afterthought. I appreciate Simon keeping costs down with minimal packaging/ accessories, but if he could print a link reference to programming on the box’s product label it might be of value to the end user.

Thanks for that link above. Downloaded!

I wouldn’t begin to know how to differentiate Biscotti from whatever may come afterwards. AFAIK, it’s a 12 group light. And my understanding is that Biscotti lights have built in LVP. I read that somewhere.

I also have a Convoy S2+, but it’s on the 2 group 3/5 firmware, iirc. Do you have a link to that configuration guide?

Edit: nevermind. I found this:

The default firmware is the 3/5 mode group.

Via a button sequence, you can choose 3 output modes (L-M-H) or 5 modes which include SOS/strobe.

Group 1 (3-Mode): 5% > 40% > 100%
Group 2 (5-Mode): 5% > 40% > 100% > Strobe > SOS

To switch to another group, have it in low mode (5%) in any group, turn it on for about 5 seconds, the flashlight will start flashing automatically for a few seconds, turn off the flashlight and turn on it again. It will switch to the next group.

Good find, and I believe my statement regarding Convoy/12 mode was incorrect in that it is indeed TK’s original Biscotti version currently in use. My apologies. Have edited my post.

No worries. BTW, I found some recent instructions for Biscotti config and it now says 20 half-clicks to enter programming mode. In our FWIW dept.