【convoy】M21H bezel available now

Yes please :sunglasses:

People are asking for all these different variations but I don’t see the sales volume needed to pay for the development of these. For example this M21-D with the GT-FC sold only 1 piece so far. You can see the number sold on the Aliexpress listing. Some of the GT-FC variants haven’t sold a single piece yet. I’m surprised Simon is nice enough to fullfill so many of our requests for different models and variants when the abysmal sales number doesn’t seem to support developing so many niche variants.

Since the new XHP70.3 Hi in 80 and 90 CRI exist they’d probably be better.

KD has them.

It is likely that the volume of domestic sales of Convoy in China is much larger than external.

Also, he is probably a flashlight enthusiast, like us :slight_smile:

Let’s not forget Convoy’s lights are sold in many places, like Banggood , Gearbest, Aliexpress, Fasttech.

I highly doubt it. I spoke to some Chinese flashlight manufacturers and they said foreign sales is higher. Convoy might do a little better in the domestic market because they are priced lower.

Totally agree… and at times, I’m thinking if we are asking too much from Simon…

I might be wrong but once Simon gets the driver and led spacer dialed in it should be relatively fast to assemble these lights by order, specially for those specialty emitters.

This way he doesn’t need to keep X amount of every model in every led configuration in stock.

Even so, he would still need to stock up tons of uncommon emitters and testing all the requested configuration just for a handful of sales. Tints like 2000k are niche and are only sought after by enthusiasts, most people will do fine with cool and warm white.

I suspect this is what he does. He keeps all the parts around (hosts, LED’s, reflectors, drivers, etc) and just assembles whatever gets ordered.

I think that’s why when he runs out of a particular emitter, that option is gone from all compatible hosts. It’s not like he runs out of L21B’s with SFT40’s. He runs out of SFT40’s and so all the SFT40 options are unavailable for a time. Just as an example.

So it’s not like he has to stock pre-build combinations of every host with every emitter offered.

Spot the odd one out. I currently use these to teach my son about mixing different colours of light. He’s too young to grasp the meaning, but the colours are a big success (goes for both of us). Maybe add deep red in a small purple S2+ one day?

These are the only short tubes I have (the blue one has shipped), the rest are standard 18650 S2+. And while I was at it I also ordered the last 2 colours I was missing, so soon the entire Convoy rainbow will be complete. That will be sight to behold :smiley:

Wanted to use the cyan host for an small E17A azure build, it would be perfect for that. But for now I’ve settled on using a blue T3 for this. Smaller and probably better suited driver. Will be a while before all parts have arrived though.

And that’s probably why most of the items almost always have 999 pieces available :wink:

I agree with people here about config choices, which is why I think for rarer emitters(low CCT 519A), he should just do single runs, and only restock those which are popular enough :slight_smile:

We have a couple of users here in BLF who live in China and according to their reports Convoys or Hanks are really not that popular there.

Popular enough to clone features to the point are not distinguishable where they are coming from (eg. aux lights)
Yet Hank is way out on the edge of the niche, I can see people owning Convoy , I have yet to see anyone own anything from Hank in real life.

Wait, there are Convoy lights who will get aux boards?!!

If so, sign me up.

What is the purpose of the stainless steel cone bezel on Convoy S10?

Beam narrowing and concentration. Those are popular for jade rocks/sculptures and glass inspection (e.g. repaired/glued joints and such).

Oh interesting. I guess it eliminates the spill?