【convoy】convoylight.com ( Credit card payment is available )

Hi!
Any news or term for this project?
b6d8b18ae999524ae920875c568fe4b2ce6d1170

3 Thanks

That paired with B35

yes, M1 tan and gray

2 Thanks

LMP LML2AW.DC is suitable, too

Ti T3 with copper neck is in production .
About the Ti S21G with copper neck , I haven’t started producing this version yet.

10 Thanks

18350 tubes for them, too? Gray M1 with 18350 tube would be lovely.

My convoy collection is growing.

I have 2 S2+, 2 M21B, now I want an M1 and a T5, then I’m set. For now :joy:

Too many fun lights, too many different emitters. Always something new to try.

1 Thank

If the HI version does not fit - Could you offer XHP50.3HD in High-CRI for the H4?
In particular, 4000K 90CRI or 5700K 95CRI would be ideal.

Will there be an aluminum version with copper neck? As a more widespread option. Titanium flashlights are quite expensive.

Hi Simon, have you considered bringing back the stainless steel S7? It’s beautiful! :heart_eyes:

12 Thanks

I hadn’t seen that before, nice.

1 Thank

@Simon_Mao When will 17mm 6v 4a and 17mm 6v 5a drivers be available?

I just got my M21B with SFT40 and smooth reflector, and it has some pretty strong rings/artifacts in the beam. Is this normal/to be expected from a smooth reflector in this light?

Is modifying the gasket, reseating the reflector or anything like that likely to help?

Group photo of my convoys:

Still gotta order the screw-on clips for the 2 new M21Bs :slight_smile:

6 Thanks

My M21B SFT40 also had slight rings, but not as noticeable as yours.

Edit: Those new colors are gorgeous!

3 Thanks

I’d turn it on moonlight, and look into the reflector (i.e., having the beam pointed at you) to determine where the weird reflections are coming from. Once you pinpoint what part of the light is reflecting abnormally it’s easier to decide what to do.

4 Thanks

I use OP reflectors for all my M21B/M1, even with SFT40. Eliminates rings and candela loss is negligible.

5 Thanks

Did you take some measurements of how much candela is affected going from SMO to OP with an SFT40 on the M21B?

Yeah, especially the tan! I expected to like green more than tan, and while the green is pretty, I am super surprised by the tan. The picture does not do it justice, it looks amazing.

Hmm, that sounds like I will be able to fix/improve it somehow… But it’s only annoying indoors, once I’m outside I barely notice it (if at all), and outside is where a thrower is supposed to be used, so not too bad even if I won’t be able to improve it.

Tried that, my eyes hurt even at 0.1%. I’ll have to do the same with my camera instead of my eyes tomorrow - with sufficiently short exposure it should keep the sensor from saturating. Thanks for the idea!

Oh! That is very much not what I expected. Got any measurements and/or beamshots?

Overall, I am really satisfied with the M21B. The host looks and feels great, the new colors are gorgeous, and it’s super versatile. Great thrower with SFT40, great all-rounder with XHP70.3HI. I pretty much replaced 2 very different flashlights with 2 times the same host now and it performs better than either :joy:

2 Thanks

Well maybe negligible is an exaggeration lol. I’m just basing it on my eyeballs. It is noticeable but not as much as you would expect. But tbh at distance, the SMO reflector rings kind of disappear anyway. But for closeup I still prefer the beam of the OP.

1 Thank

True, which is why they are not bothering me too much. It is a thrower after all, made to throw far.

100%, and I do not see myself using a SFT40 light indoor in the first place - got a M21B XHP70.3 with OP reflector for “bright” and a S2+ with 519A + orange peel for “quality”.

2 Thanks

A new Convoy website came up in a search result but I haven’t seen any mention of it being launched in this thread. Looks like it’s still under construction. Has anyone successfully ordered from it?