【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Looks mostly squareish to me Barkuti.

Square, yes I know. Does the pitch equals that of the standard? Not sure, never measured a brass pill but 10 mm (1.25 mm pitch times 8 steps) seems a bit short to my eye. Maybe Simon should order a pill threading conversion, then sell his stock?

In all honesty, when flashlight parts combine or lego it is a pleasure. When they don't where they should, @#$%.

Possible to order S12 with new 5A biscotti driver?

Hodor, I think the answer is yes, but not exactly. The reason for “not exactly” is the S12 uses that SST-40 driver in ∅22 mm format, which comes tuned for up to 6 A.

Nice host for a flooder btw, pretty “minimalist” reflector:

You can play with sense resistors to change the max preferred current though, i added an R050 on the existing R010 which theoretically makes it 7,2 A as Barkuti earlier discussed in THIS thread

I picked up an S12 host and ordered one of the new drivers. I’m going to try to modify a 17mm/22mm adapter to work. I want to make a XP-G3 photo red triple, but not sure how the red LEDs will hold up with this driver since the forward voltage of these emitters is quite a bit lower than blue/white LEDs. Haven’t played with red LEDs much. I figure either the LEDs will let out the magic smoke or the driver will get very hot. Maybe heat conductive potting compound around the driver will help?

The driver will be burning off ~50% of the wattage. Heat management will be necessary. A buck driver will be much better suited here obviously, but there’s only one way to find out how it will hold up

I recently built an S2+ triple using the xpg3 660nm deep red emmitters. I used the 17mm 5 amp driver and have had no issues with it.

Yup, figured heat would be an issue in the driver. Do you know of any ~2.5v buck drivers that can do ~1.5A per emitter in a triple? I didn’t have any luck when I searched. Mtn seems to be perpetually out of stock on most of their drivers.

Good to know, thanks!

That is possible because these drivers feature thermal regulation / temperature protection. Since the voltage delta is huge, the flashlight should perceptibly dim down after a good deal of seconds in high. Remove the onboard NTC, and I bet soon you will see magic smoke coming out of it.

To properly build a triple with deep red emitters, I would choose some boost driver if available. For a Convoy S12, this ∅22mm Manta Ray “XHP50” driver with emitters mounted in a series MCPCB would make a real bright red flashlight. Or you could also go :-D rampage with the “XHP70” version (no idea if the KDLITKER MCPCB fits the S12 well, though).

I thought about using a Convoy boost driver but I wasn’t sure if any old triple MCPCB would be compatible with the S12.

in stock ,too ,you can order the copper pill and note ” copper pill for alu S2+”

no biscotti for this one

yes, friend ,they will be produced later

Is there anyone here who has S12 and could give me the dimensions of the reflector? Height and diameter at the widest point.

Can do tonight if nobody else has by then.

Will the Biscotti drivers be produced or just the copper pills?

Wow. Smaller than I thought. Thank you.

Copper pills are available, check #2172. It is the Biscotti drivers of ∅20 and ∅22 mm which are set for later.