【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

The advantage of the SBT90.2 is the actual emitting area is much smaller than the XHP70.2 resulting in greater candelas per lumen. That’s great for a high-power thrower, but I agree that the price makes it a bit of a niche part.

[quote=Simon Mao]

Oh yeah...

Skylumen did it

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/convoy-4x18avn-long-runtime-compact-searchlight

I would be much more interested in seeing SBT90.2 in the M26C or L21A. I really want a thrower with that emitter than isn’t super heavy and large like the K30GT or larger searchlights, and isn’t crap quality like the FT03S.

Yes, both true but the SBT90.2 is far far better than the XHP70.2 for throw, and that's why we are very interested in it.

The 4x18A would be a great host for a SBT90.2:

• can use a cheap FET based driver
  • you can get plenty of amps out of 4P 18650's
  • the 4x18A is chunky enough to last a while on high amps, ok, maybe a short while on max/turbo of 20+ amps
  • can mount the SBT90.2 on a hefty size copper DTP MCPCB (I hope so anyway) - the bigger the better!

The 4x18 has some weight in it, might have even better thermal dissipation than a L2/L21A
But it does not need thermal stepdown at 55 DegC, better to use a programmeable driver, anduril would be nice…

The 4x18A isn’t a budget light (or what I consider one) at $60, and adding a SBT90 plus a driver revision and whatever else would be needed (changing battery configuration) would add even more cost. Its doable, and would be a probably low demand item. I guess it’s up to Simon whether to tackle it. Would be interesting to see how cheap he could sell it since the Convoy lights are in my opinion some of the best for the money currently.

If you apply discount plus the fact that it could run SBT90,2 with Lexel 12$ Anduril driver you get one of the best cheap SBT performer ever.

Talking about SBT90,2 we are talking about some other world other than Convoy and Simon would won it again with it.

I really like the design of the 4x18A. Wish that’s what the M3 looked like.

In theory, the FET+ driver would be cheaper than a boost driver, but the LED, of course, is a big additional cost. XHP70.2 lights are common, been around for years now, but there isn't a properly powered (i.e. 4 parallel batts) SBT90.2 thrower around in this size.

I think you could mod the 4x18 with a driver, emitter, and change the battery configuration yourself to get it to run the SBT. That would be chore to get the series to parallel in that thing without a dedicated battery carrier. Maybe Simon could talk a manufacturer into making a 4S body and swap in a commercially available driver and led? Anything is possible in China it seems if you know the right people!

Aaaaand just like that Simon added 20mm and 22mm Biscotti drivers to the store...

Cheers

Ooo. Has anyone tried the 17mm version yet? All a-ok?

Agree. SBT90.2 is expensive but it’s worth it. And the host seems to fit it well.

Would the Q8 driver be a useful driver for it, and will it fit?

Simon, I noticed the new driver for AA, 14500, 16340. Will it also be available with 12 groups (biscotti clone)?

Hum, it says “1–10–35–100” and will probably have memory (they normally do…).
Would be nice if it didn’t have memory Simon or at least if it was configurable :wink:

This will be a good combination! I would buy it.

The battery configuration, I think is correct and does not need modification.

It can be another good combination.
I don’t know if it fits. As it is I don’t know, but I think the screws would make using an adaptor easier.

Yep, the batteries are all properly set up for a SBT90.2 - parallel.Could even make a triple, like the old SolarStorm/FandyFire SP03. Originated back in 2013, but again, a nice quad cell soda can base. I got one running a FET+1 with triple SST-40's, ~8000 lumens, ~260 kcd.

Always wanted a big triple head for a Q8, but closer to 100 mm width, equal to the old Shocker that basically had 3 C8 size reflectors.

yes, available