【convoy】Golden S3 available now

Still waiting for M21A with XHP50 to appear. I have a spare SS bezel to install there. Simon sells complete flashlights significantly cheaper, than hosts + parts.

I don’t think so. Just shipping fee is mixed into the item’s price, and not calculated and labeled separately as shipping fee. Probably, if shipping fee would be separately displayed, the math would work.

But this means, that if you can buy more units together, shipping price overhead will be less.

Pioneman k21x looks and probably is a copy of convoy S21b but it is with sst70 so mby S21b sst700 coming soon.

Like it or not, ferrat_val is right adam7027. And on top of this, what you say about the “combined shipping fee” into item prices only makes that even more resounding.

Just make the math. Set a flashlight out of parts in the cart and see how much you pay, it's a lot more than the price of any flashlight directly for sale in his store.

This is something I've been aware of for a long time. If the shipping fee were computed independently and/or combined for multiple items we could benefit, namely for low value items.

I agree. It actually stops me ordering multiple different parts to test, so I only order in batches when I know I definitely want more than one of something. Annoying but seems to be quite common practice.

Common practice or not, I think a lot of BLF customers would prefer a price structure that separated out the shipping. I know it keeps me from ordering 1ea of different items needed for specific builds, to the point I sometimes change my plans altogether.

Agreed - there’s a bunch of things I’d like to grab one of, but it’s prohibitively expensive vs buying 5. I know there’s bulk discounts, but when you’re talking (example) $10 for 1, or $30 for 5…

Ok, then you had even more thorough insight into the pricing.

For me, the shipping fee part was already apparent from a long time ago, just differences in prices of separate parts without the mixed-in shipping fee vs the complete flashlight price wasn't enough spectacular for me to bother.

It would be really much better to calculate shipping fee separately (thus, letting it to be merged into one slightly bigger package) because now it is like if you get 9 different parts, shipping fee is paid 9 times (maybe the combined shipping fee would be a bit higher, than one single shipping fee, but probably not by much).

It’s like this with Mountain Electronics. Shipping on a $1 item is $3.80 for me, so it’s not sensible to order one item that cheap. I wait until util I have a need for other items then order all at once so the $3.80 shipping is easier to justify. On AE, yes, buying a host+ parts is just as expensive as buying the complete light. $16 for a host +$6 for the emitter and another $6 for a driver and you’re at the same price for the same complete flashlight.

Just a quick shot, and need to take a better one tonight, but:

Nice color mixing, but I suppose, human eye gets that a bit different to Bayer masked digital imaging sensors.

All has steel bezels…

Btw, there is a greener green in the Osram tint choices, which is not sold anywhere yet, but as I recall, it is less powerful (starts to lose efficiency on lower currents). It is also not a monochrome green, but a partial spectrum with less yellow content.

There isn’t a steel bezel available for the M1/M21B is there? Those C8s look fantastic and that’s one of the coolest beamshots I’ve in a while.

Hi Simon, i want to order a 18350 tube for s2+ from the Aliexpress store. I bought the “s2+ dessert tan” back in June, so it has the old threads right? Is the 18350 dessert tan with old threads discontinued? Is the orange one compatible or the only option is the gray/black?

What is the maximum battery length of Z1?

70-72mm

Tan 18350 with trapezoidal thread is out of stock .
rectangular version in production

I see, thanks for the answer.

SFT70 will be available with a warmer or neutral tint ?

As I have seen so far, there are very few Luminus emitters with <5000K CCT.

Most of these throwy emitters are available from ~5000K and only so called “standard” CRI.

The most anyone can do for SFT-70 is to seek a tint closest to 5000K as much as possible.

(By the way, Luminus website seems a bit outdated for me, because I couldn’t even find SFT-70, still, Simon has already samples of it.)

5000K is okay so far i saw a few flashlights but with sst70 and they were all cool white